1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Husqy Rider BS

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TGramstorff, Aug 12, 2006.

1. TGramstorff

TGramstorff LawnSite Member

Hey guys, I know there are many of you here that are not fond of husqy ztr's. Unfortunatly about 2 years ago was sold on one before I heard everything bad about them. The problem I am now having is the cut. There are two stripes that it leaves on my lawns (uncut stripes) which are between the blades. I just put new blades on this spring and we sharpen every day. Anyone have any ideas of what it could be?
  2. Remsen1

Remsen1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like there is a problem with the deck pitch. This will cause grass to be cut lower when the blade tips are facing forward and higher when the blade tips are facing sideways and will make it look like there is a space between the blades where the grass is not being cut. Check your deck pitch and also make sure your blades spin level through the entire blade rotation (cause if your deck is level then one of the spindles may be bent slightly.
  3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Sorry for your situation... been there.

If it hasn't done this before, go back to the EXACT same blades as before if possible. If that doesn't fix it, do by all means check the rake.

If it has been doing this all along as I assume as a previous owner... what you have on your hands is another one of there lousy decks that is not straight/true.
  4. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Warped or bent deck? Spindle bent? put your blades at - - - and measure the distance between them. Have you or an employee hit something. Remove the belt and spin the spindle by hand should spin freely. no wobble. Does it change cutting characteristics if you slow down or speed up. Have you changed anything? Are you getting lots of blow out. Let us know what your deck rake is put the blades at a | | | measure front and back should not be more than 1/4" Smaller the deck I like less rake so on my 36" I set at 1/8" or there abouts.

Are you balancing blades?
  5. Husky05

Husky05 LawnSite Senior Member

I know this sounds stupid but make sure the blades are not on upside down. I did that one time when I took them off to sharpen and it left a stripe like your talking about.
  6. TGramstorff

TGramstorff LawnSite Member

hahahaha. no they are not upside down.
  7. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

You said new blades in the spring and sharpened daily. Are the blade tips rounded?