1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hustler 1500 Shortcut ?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by rob7233, Jun 25, 2006.

1. rob7233

rob7233 LawnSite Senior Member

While I was in a local dealer's shop I had seen (in passing) a used Hustler 1500 Shortcut and was wondering how long ago were they made? They seem sort of like the wright stander in concept but maybe a different approach. Not really sure though, since I didn't get a real good look at it.

How come they are no longer made and does Hustler have any future plans for a reintroduction of it?? How were they different than a ZTR and how were they targeted towards the LCO's needs? Thanks.
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

We were the first to make a stand / sit type rider, the ShortCut was / is a great mower.
    It is also the first mower to have the H-Bar controls.
    We made them for several years, 1996 / 1997 until just a few years ago, 2002 / 2003.
    All the parts are still available, as with all our products, you can buy parts for 30 year old machines.
    We stopped making it when we had to take away the stand up feature due to another mfg having a similar patent, we decided to pursue our Z's and FasTrak mowers and what a great decision that was.
    We have no plans of bringing it back.

3. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

PJ can ya post a pic of this mower you guys are talking about ?
  4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

5. Palmer'sLS

Palmer'sLS LawnSite Senior Member

that mower looks AWESOME...wish yall still made it....but im happy with my mini z:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
  6. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

I think wright actually took your idea with the sentar. on the shrotcut you could stand or sit (at first until you put a safety switch under the seat) then wright complains about you using the stand-up concept and turns around and uses the stand or sit idea on the sentar.? WTF I think your lawyers could have fought that one pj
    Besides Wright eventually licensed the "idea" to other companies.
    What about a shared concept with Wright. a wright type stander with h-bar controls. It would be a hit. And I won't even charge you to much for the "idea".