1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Hustler 42 raptor vs Toro 42 timesaver

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by Rsk0125, Jun 29, 2013.

1. Rsk0125

Rsk0125 LawnSite Member

I'm looking at the hustler vs toro in the 42 " frame. Both have the Kawasaki 21.5 engine. Everything about them are close to the same, except the toro is a stamped deck, but seems to have a couple of more whistles and bells, (speed control, blade assist, and higher seat. Warranty's look similar...

I would like some opinions which way I should consider, they are comparable in cost. I will be bagging when necessary, I can't find any prices on line for the hustlers catcher. That will be a consideration as well... Has the raptor performed well since its been out? I need to replace for a last years Dixon that kept throwing the drive belt at dealer expense but I couldn't take it any longer. I mow a flat half acre with lots of trees and planted beds...

2. TinMan1

TinMan1 LawnSite Senior Member
    from SC

Wrong forum
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. jasonhc73

jasonhc73 LawnSite Member
    Male, from WICHITA KS

Go with the Hustler, my friend just bought the 52" raptor, it is the best new < $3000 ztr there is. Plus it's made right here in KS.

4. Rsk0125

Rsk0125 LawnSite Member

Thx for the reply...a raptor is being delivered this morning. Being made in Kansas was one of the reasons it was chosen.

5. JJRB

JJRB LawnSite Member
    from Kansas

I saw this thread and was wondering which would be better, a new raptor or a used fasttrack with around 300 hours? I would be using it to mow around 10 lawns. I know everyone will tell me to buy a commercial mower but I dont have enough money. Thanks!