1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hustler 48" Walkbehind

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grassbandit, May 26, 2005.

1. grassbandit

grassbandit LawnSite Member

Anyone out there running the Hustler walkbehind with the H-bar system. My Dealer is letting me demo one right now, and I love it. I think I am going to buy it, but wonder if anyone else out there has had good luck with it. It seems to work very well, and sticks to hills like a magnet. It has a 17hp Kaw, and a 48" deck, and it actually stripes well with no kit.
  2. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 25/54 SWB, and I wouldn’t want to be without it! Hustler builds a very heavy-duty machine that will last for years and years if taken care of. You should check out the Super walk-behind before you make the purchase though, I have never regretted the extra power when mulching leaves or cutting thick-wet grass. I don’t know what you would be paying for the 17/48 but I can get a 25/54 for $5,600 so it will give you something to ponder. Also if you want the full potential you must get a BullRider sulky or equivalent if the one your demonstrating doesn’t have one, then you will really be impressed.