Hustler 60" Z problems that persist

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MattBinford, May 28, 2003.

1. MattBinford

MattBinford LawnSite Member
    from Idaho

This is the second time I have tried to publish under the Hustler Thred. The first one was not published or deleted by Hustler. I just want everyone out there to know the problems I have been experiencing with my rider. I hope this does not come across as vendictive but I do need to share my experience. Below is my most recent post to Hustlers thred. It is not the first.

I hope Hustler will publish this message. The last one I tried to send was some-how misplaced. I don't know if I am the minority but I have had numerous problems with my Hustler Z hydro's. It has been in the shop over 6 times for the same problem. Over a month ago I tried to post on this thred and received an email from Hustler stating they would resolve the problem. Well, they tried to solve the problem but unfortunately it came back today (7th Time). Just after a month they supposedly fixed the problem. I really like the cut this machine gives but I can not afford to continue to have a machine in the shop this offten.

By the way my machine has just over 200 hrs and has been treated like a Princess.

Hustler......Either fix correctly or get me a machine that is not a lemon.

2. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

So what is the problem?

3. He's got a hydro problem.

Don't blame Hustler, I bet the machanic cheated and only replaced half the part, meaning either the wheel motor, or the pump, those should be replaced in pairs.

4. MattBinford

from Idaho

The problems have been numerous. Anywhere from dampeners to stripped nuts that attach to the pumps. Below was the latest fix by husltler. Didn't work. I never saw the $80.00 that I paid for something that should have been covered by warrenty. My wife picked it up on that day and didn't know better. I am normally not a complainer but in this case I will voice my true opinion of the Machine I purchased. I hope other people have had better luck.

Hello. I received your e-mail and have contacted Horizon about your
    concerns. I have shipped new steering parts for your mower and Horizon will
    receive them tomorrow. Contact Rick at Horizon when it is convenient and
    schedule your mower for this repair which we will take care of under
    warranty. We will also take care of the $80.00 previous repair. I have
    spoken with Rick about that as well.

I hope this takes care of your concerns.

Regards,

Randy Jantz
    Product Service Manager

5. JLC

JLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

In Hustler's defense, it sounds like Randy is doing everything he can to help you and you should be back up and running soon. I've talked with Randy on the phone before and he is very good to work with. Everyone at Hustler that I've dealt with have always been good to deal with and I'm sure that the problem will get fixed right.

6. MattBinford

from Idaho

That's what I thought the last go around. Still have not seen the $80 bucks or a machine that works decent. Still waiting for the right fix...

-Binny

7. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Is this about the hydro's or is it about the linkage and dampeners, there is a big difference between the two. The hydro's going bad in 200 hours would be a big problem and if it is about some stripped bolts and a bad dampener then I wouldn't be to upset with hustler, I would be more upset with my dealer because it is his job to make sure the machine was set-up properly. Why would you pay anything out of pocket if you have a warranty, I would be pretty hot if my dealer wanted money to fix something that was under warranty.

8. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

Sounds more like a dealer problem than Hustlers.

9. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Matt,
    I just released your post in the mfg forum, this is the first post I have ever released about this issue.
    The mfg forum has a que that has to be accessed by the forum moderators or myself or Artman, and we then release them, I cant tell you how many times I have had to delete double and triple posts from people not realizing that there posts are put into a que.
    But anyways...
    Of course from here I have no history on your problems with out talking to your dealer.
    Please call Randy Jantz ASAP to take care of this.
    Call 1.800.395.4757 and ask for customer service then talk to Randy Jantz, he will take care of your problem, please have your model and serial # when you call.
    Hustler Turf Equipment prides itself on the quality of the product we build, and if you are having a problem we will make sure you are taken care of.

Thank you
    Pj
    Hustler Turf Equipment