Hustler and exmark Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TazLandscapes, Jul 29, 2007.

1. TazLandscapes

TazLandscapes LawnSite Member

I have been wanting to get a ztr to replace my L130 deere. And I have been looking at the Hustler Super Z "i believe that is what is was" with a 52" deck and Exmark Lazer Z with 52" deck And the one thing i need to know is Are they good climbing Hills ??? i have a few properties that have hills and the walker does not like going up them.So any help is appreciated

Thanks
    Mike

2. GroundEffects125

GroundEffects125 LawnSite Senior Member

I would definetly go with the super z i really dont have any hills where i love but it does great on ditchs and slopes around ponds. i highly recomend the Hustler

3. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

I run Super Z's and for my personal use it will cut more grass than anything on the market in it's class, with a 2.75" cut setting it does a fantastic job and leaves nothing.

When you start talking about hills the big pumps will pull a lot of engine power so if you are going up a steep incline and in heavy grass it will drop the rpm's considerably. If a man can't utilize the speed of a Super Z he is better off with the regular Z, I am on flat ground so I run the fool out of it. I would hate to get on a mower and have to run 10 mph after the Super Z running 15, it is so fast I jump on it and run 700' up my drive to get the mail or newspaper.

4. EMTDUCK1984

EMTDUCK1984 LawnSite Member

15 Mph Is A Transport Speed Not A Cutting Speed There Are Very Few Places That You Could Ever Cut That Fast

5. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Super Z holds hill better than Exmark but maybe a bit weak pulling them. I would suggest the regular Hustler Z for that. Slower but more torque for hills.

6. Rob.C

Rob.C LawnSite Member

7. puppypaws

8. TazLandscapes

TazLandscapes LawnSite Member

Well I have only seen the hustler super z at a dealer and i am going back there this week to see if i can demo it and what price he can give me.The other dealer who is suppose to sell exmark doesnt even carry any mowers from that line. He only carries walker and husqvarna and gave me a run around about having to order one from another dealer for me to test out..I Like the Hustler alot because of the suspension seat but what are these flex forks i keep hearing about.if i do purchase the hustler i was thinking of getting the triple bag powerfill bagger system and Ocdc setup.

Thanks
    Mike

9. dave k

dave k LawnSite Bronze Member

If I'm not mistaken, you can't use flex forks while bagging.
    Dave

10. puppypaws

I Like the Hustler alot because of the suspension seat but what are these flex forks i keep hearing about.if i do purchase the hustler i was thinking of getting the triple bag powerfill bagger system and Ocdc setup.

Thanks
    Mike[/QUOTE]

Flex forks are torsion rubber suspension mounted to forks you replace the original ones that come on the mower with. I have them and it makes a big difference in the ride but they are not recommended with the bagging system because of the extra weight on the back. I also have the flex seat which helps the ride by giving the seat a rocking chair motion but for the combination you are talking about $500.00 plus tax.