Hustler at Home Depot

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by JMK26, Feb 26, 2014.

1. JMK26

JMK26 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Missouri

2. MRCo.

MRCo. LawnSite Member

Well that pi5535 me off...I just signed as a dealer with them and expect my stock tomorrow. Why did they do that and not use Big Dog which is already aimed at lower level markets? Crap.

3. JMK26

JMK26 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Missouri

Any way to get out of it Mrco?

Didn't want to peeve anyone off, just getting info out there for guys to keep from making a mistake.

sorry, man

4. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

I don't see what the big deal is. They're expanding their brand.

I didn't even know who hustler was before I came on lawn site years ago.

If dealers are really worried about losing a couple home owner grade machine sales to a big box store they need to look at their business model.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. MRCo.

MRCo. LawnSite Member

Yeah...you don't know much about how the world works for a dealer. Or what happens with brands that go BB. I don't have time to type it all either.

Saber, I have $50,000 in stock on a truck right now...reckon I'm commited. I am going to be having words with the rep who said nothing and can't have not known about it.

6. echo

echo LawnSite Bronze Member

So I guess Hustler will be charging you more than the "bb" store for mowers and you'll have to pay it if you want to keep doing business with them?

Look on the bright side. Maybe the bb store mowers will have different parts than the supposed "dealer" mowers and you'll have more warranty repairs...but I wouldn't bet on it.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. MRCo.

MRCo. LawnSite Member

More warranty repairs due to lower quality = rot sets in to brands reputation. Long term damage worse than short term servicing. Of course we will pay more...BB average 3 times dealer makeup from my experience.

8. echo

Oh, I thought you said everybody knows the dealer is where its at so I'm sure you'll be fine.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. PenningsLandscaping

PenningsLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

MRCo, sorry to hear, no one deserves to be burned like that.

10. echo

Lots of Husqvarna, Echo, John Deere dealers out there and some of their products are available at bb stores. Even many hardware stores have Stihl products. I agree with whiffyspark. A few homeowner units purchased at a bb store won't kill a dealership with a good business model.
    Posted via Mobile Device