1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hustler ATZ experiances? Have they even come out yet in the U.S?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pinnacle, Dec 20, 2003.

1. pinnacle

pinnacle LawnSite Senior Member

Seriously looking into an ATZ.........mabey 2 for 04'.

Has anyone got any experiance with the ATZ?

I'm very intrested!
  2. pinnacle

I might clarify that the ATZ is not out here yet but know they'll be out in OZ by at least mid 04'. Just want some head up info on this unit so when it comes time to demo I can be a bit more educated on the preformance and in turn make an educated decision.
  3. I demo'd an ATZ in Louisville Kentucky last fall at the international equipment EXPO.
    My son demo'd a Hustler ZTR. I followed him around the demo area. He tried to pull out ahead of me. It got to be a chase, then a race. He had the faster ZTR, but with the balloon tires, I had the traction. He would have to swing wide on the turns. I cut all the corners. Even with the full roll cage it seemed like the ATZ had the lower center of gravity. I was gaining on him. We were running flat out. The dust was so thick I couldn't see. Peering thru the dust storm, I could make out the figure of a man. It was the guy running the display. He was motioning for us to get off of the machines. I could have caught him too.:blob2:

So in my estimation, the ATZ handles like an all terrain fun cart, only with quicker steering.
    And it has cornering and traction capabilities way beyond what would constitute a reasonable demonstration:blush:

4. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

You don’t have a video of that do you Dave? :laugh:
  5. pinnacle

Thanks for that Dave. Sounds like you and the boy had a bit of an experiance in Kentucky there mate :D

I can't wait to demo buy the sounds of things!!

Did you give it a go on any inclines?

Thanks again.
  6. No, their area was relatively flat. The area "Ferris" had was pretty steep though. We discussed driving the Hustlers down there, but reason prevailed.
    But I'm pretty convinced of the ATZ's capabilities to overcome lateral forces.:D

BTW, Doug's 26, and I'm well into the should be behaving like an adult category. Just couldn't help myself. The ATZ's a blast to drive.
    I don't have a video of that, but Doug has one of him skydiving.
    He's the adrenaline junkie. I'm just an equipment junkie.:D

7. MOW ED

MOW ED LawnSite Fanatic

Dave that was a good story, I was laughing while reading it. That wasn't PJ chasing you was it? I have not been on an ATZ yet but would like to demo one in the spring. I've been on the Super Z and found it to be a well built machine with good features. That AZT looks like it could be cool to take on a sand dune.
  8. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Hey Alex, Heres an address you might like to check out if you didnt already have it!

They mention something about the ATZ! I think there in Brizzy, not sure. Worth a call though!
  9. pinnacle

Cheers for that Mick.

I'm gunna go up and speak to the boss arfter crisy.

Have a good silly season mate! Watch those crapy QLD drivers :D
  10. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey ya blokes!

Alex, it's all the southerners coming up here messin' up our driving system:)

Bout the Hustler, Talk to this bloke, top fella!

Chris Adams
    Dealer Manager
    Hewlett Equipment
    07 3277 3233
    0409 721 498

And there is a ton of info in Hustler's sponsered section of this forum on this model, heaps of action pics!
    Nice machine, but no ability to get close front on to something for trimming, but they were made for hills and I doubt anything could compare, Hustler's Z's are bloody nice.

No Eb today?