Hustler & Bad Boy Side By Side

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by puppypaws, Jun 29, 2007.

1. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

The best Hustler and Bad Boy have to offer ! ! !

Bad Boy 2.jpg

Bad Boy 3.jpg

Bad Boy 4.jpg

Bad Boy 5.jpg

Bad Boy 6.jpg
  2. Dave Carney

Dave Carney LawnSite Member

Nice! Thanks for posting that.
  3. Allens LawnCare

Allens LawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

The Hustler looks like it might be a little more stable with the wider base....Do you run both machines...what are your opinions
  4. THEoneandonlyLawnRanger

THEoneandonlyLawnRanger LawnSite Senior Member

Must be nice....................
    Which one do you like better ?
  5. POPO4995

POPO4995 LawnSite Bronze Member

I think I would take the Hustler myself.....but I will strongly encourage an Deere!:rolleyes:
  6. puppypaws

I am checking everything in detail very closely and will give a fair opinion based on my experience after I have more seat time.

I will say this, the 32 hp Vanguard on the 60" Bad Boy Lightening is extremely strong. I think you can see in this picture I will put them to the test in rough conditions and in normal cutting. This is signal grass about 28" high measured with a tape and the motor never whimpered. I also cut, measured 14" high bermuda grass and the engine payed it no attention, I could not believe this and I was the one doing it. This would have stopped the Hustler 28 efi and I had the hydraulic deck set on number 3 on the Bad Boy and it hardly changed sounds (UNBELIEVABLE).

Bad Boy 1.jpg
  7. Dave Carney

Dave Carney LawnSite Member

Excellent. Also, if you could, comment on the BB suspension. I don't really see how those front rubber things work, when the fork system appears solid.
  8. puppypaws

For a shorter wheel base than the Hustler the torsion rubber suspension helps a great deal, it actually rides good after I let the air pressure down from 15 to 10 lbs. and it was not riding bad before. I could never see that suspension wearing out or giving maintenance problems.
  9. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX LawnSite Gold Member

The bad boy looks like a good mower but the seat does seem to be a bit high off the ground..I would go with The Hustler....But more likely i would buy a scag.
  10. puppypaws

It is not solid, there is a 1/2" bolt going through the center hub to mount the wheel then on the front there is 2 shoulder bolts with a allen head that goes through the fork plate on each side at 5/8" and necks down to 1/2". This allows the wheel to pivot in the front on the shoulder bolt and compresses the rubber to take the shock out, believe me it works.

Bad Boy Suspension 1.jpg

Bad Boy Suspension 2.jpg