Hustler customer service before the sale

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tacoma200, Jul 19, 2006.

1. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Well as I mentioned in another post when I call Huslters 1-800 number they refused to let me speak to a customer service rep if I have allready bought a mower and refered me to my dealer which may not be up on things as a factory service rep would. If you tell them you are a potiential customer then they put you right though. It's like your being screened or somthing and makes me a bit mad because that's one reason I bought a Hustler. A lady screens you and tells you they have had someone quit and they are refering customer support issues to dealers because of a staff shortage. Well do me that way and I let a few people know. ALL the dealers in my area are tractor sales places that also sell Hustler. So they may not always have the time or be up on things like a full time lawncare business would (or a factory trained rep) Anyway Exmark has a 1-800 cutomer support line and they know the mowers inside and out and can (and will) get you answers anytime you call. I expect no less from Hustler. If you had some of you customer support quit don't tell me about it and you should give us new customers support over the phone. It's pretty low to offer it and cut someone off after they make the purchase. I have lots to learn about my mower especially since I am new to Hustler and need to learn alot about the machine especially during the first few months. I hope you change you policy about customer support. Email service has been very slow also. HUSTLER I'M SURE THIS IS AN OVERSIGHT AND I EXPECT YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE OVER THE PHONE AND EMAIL TO BE UP TO PAR. New customer, you got your money, now I need help for a few months getting to know my new machine. To your credit when I do get through your customer service persons are polite and helpful. I just got to get through first. And the lady that answers the phone makes you feel like you shouldn't be calling if you've allready purchased. I don't want to feel like I'm being interigated by the police. If you not going to fix this can I have my money back?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

When you call our 800 # you are calling into a central office, sales questions are answered by a sales team and service questions are answered by a service team.
    Both are very busy and I am sorry your call was not treated with the absolute best service that could of been had, I can tell you this is not normal.
    That being said, as you were told, we are short staffed right now in the service area, we have lost a good employee recently (very recent) and we are doing our best to answer calls and e-mails in a timely manner.
    We do ask our dealers and our distributors to handle sales and service calls in there respective area, but we also understand that you would like to talk to the factory also.
    I am of course available here on the Hustler forum and via e-mail hustlerturfequipment@msn.com and I will do my best to get your posts answered on a timely manner along with any e-mail you send me, I have answered your questions and your e-mails in the past, please feel free to e-mail me anytime.

Pj

3. tacoma200

Thank you very much! That's all I expect and understand things can happen such as loosing an employee. And as I said when I do get through they are very proffesional and friendly. So is my dealer and his distributor, but very busy also. The lady on the phone maybe under alot of stress due to the staff problem. I've got the first Yellow machine (Super Z) in my county and they will be asking about it (LCO's). Done had one take her for a test drive. Your exellent Hustler Forrum was helful in making the decision to go yellow this time. Thank you for your quick reply. I think Hustler has the most growth potential in the mowing industry. I know the vertical engine makes for a simpler and easier to maintain ZTR and that larger engines will make a great product even better. Just spending alot of money on a new product and being turned away from phone support hit me the wrong way I guess, I'm human. Thanks again. Tacoma

4. REALSLOW

REALSLOW LawnSite Senior Member
    from FLORIDA

When I call I get my answers presto!

5. tacoma200

Like the mower consultant for Hustler said they lost a very important employee and were in a little bind. I'm an understanding person, it just hit me the wrong way when they wouldn't let me speak to customer support after they found out I had allready bought one. I will have to say Mowercosultants swift answering of questions on the Hustler forum is one of the reasons I bought a Hustler. Plus they seem to take complaints seriously and respond appropriately. I appoligize for getting angry. The tone of the lady was not pleasant but she probably is a nice lady just having a bad day or just following orders. I try not to be biased toward brands and call it like I see it. When Exmark had trouble with Triton decks (I was an Exmark supporter and still am) I didn't take up for them because they have not aknowleged the problem on Lawnsite and have given the customers no clue as to what they will do to fix the problem. Or thats how it looks at this time. I'm sure they will get it right in time.

6. REALSLOW

REALSLOW LawnSite Senior Member
    from FLORIDA

I think you should show some real support for Hustler by going out to the garage and burning your Exmark.:laugh:

7. tacoma200

I think I will stick to supporting them by letting LCO's check it out and letting them know it's a good product. Can't afford to burn gas let alone my Lazer.