Hustler dealer changed my mind on mini fastrak

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by bstroman, Nov 25, 2006.

1. bstroman

bstroman LawnSite Member

Ok, hustler dealer told me today the mini fastrak would work fine for 5 to 10 customers. That he has some customers using it commercially which I would not do. But for the price I can get a rider instead of walker. His price 3500 42 with kohler. A scag 48 gear drive is 3499 so what does everyone think. Remember 10 customers tops I can not do anymore and at current I have 4 customers.

2. Proscapez LLC

Proscapez LLC LawnSite Member

How can you afford a new mower with only 4 customers?

3. bstroman

bstroman LawnSite Member

This is just a tax write off for me. I am a school principal during the day, but enjoy mowing yards. I need to purchase a new mower as a write off.

4. A.D Services

A.D Services LawnSite Member

why only ten. i think they will hold up for light comercial use.

5. Grass Kickin

Grass Kickin LawnSite Member

If you need to buy a mower, why not upgrade to somethnig that will handle more volume if you decide to do more work. The extra $$ should only be about 500 to 1000 and you give yourself tremendous leeway. Look at a 44" Mini Z. Don't handcuff yourself.

6. Tom c.

Tom c. LawnSite Member

How much does a 44" mini z run my hustler dealer tried to sell me a super z [he had it on the floor] scared me I almost ran out the door!!

7. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

The mini fastrack will handle your workload for at least 5 years if i hear you correctly. But no more than 10-15 yards period. Thats about how many I service right now and the wb is getting tired. Next year I have plans for expansion and was looking hard at a mini fastrack for next spring. My plans of doing 20-25 yards would just spread this little machine to thin and I am now looking at a used lazer 60. Worst thing you could do in landscaping is to buy undersized equipment.

8. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

The price on that scag sounds a little high. I got a price about a month ago of $3200 for a 48 with 16hp kawi kia. I would probably go for the scag an get a sulky.

9. A.D Services

A.D Services LawnSite Member

if you only mow four just get a walkbehind its not worth the money being spent. unless they are really big lawns