hustler dealer gone under

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by SMBUDDY46, Feb 6, 2006.

1. SMBUDDY46

SMBUDDY46 LawnSite Member

i have recently posted a thread about my 24 honda motor on my super mini z using oil. what if your dealer had gone out of business, turns out he owes hustler and other suppliers lots of money. it was also mentioned that he might not have turned the registrations on sone the the mowers he had sold. ihow,would i find if my mower had been regestered with huster and where is should i go to fix this problem with my motor. i did call another dealer close to me and he aoid this was a honda problem not a hustler problem. he also recommened changing our to just 30 weight and might fix my problem. you see i used the opti oil from the start that was recommened by the dealer and now i'm wandereing if this was a mistake because i contacted the honda delaer in kansas city and he said you should'nt break in a new motor with this oil. where should i go with this? please help me thank you

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Post or e-mail me your serial # and I can tell you if it was registered and when.
    Your best bet on the Honda engine, is to go to a Hustler dealer that is also a Honda dealer.
    There is a member of this forum that is a Honda rep, I will see if I can get him to chime in here.

Pj

3. SMBUDDY46

the serial # on my mini z is 03120094, thanks for your help

4. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I will run it through our system and let you know what I find here...

5. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

I ran it through our system.
    Doesnt look like your dealer registered it.
    But....... we have changed computer systems in the last 2 years, so it could be documented elsewhere....
    Your best bet is to e-mail or fax me a purchase receipt, and we will get this straightened out for you.

Pj

6. SMBUDDY46

pj did you get my e-mail aboout the invoice on my mini z?

7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Yes I just did.
    I will forward it to the factory and get your unit registered.

Pj

8. SMBUDDY46

thank you pj for all your help steve

9. jneedham

jneedham LawnSite Member
    from 66118

I discussed this particular engine with "smbuddy" a few days ago. He expalined that he had been using synthetic opti-oil since the unit was new. I am not an opti-oil dealer nor do I have any knwoledge of their products

Honda reccommends using oil with an API rating of at least SF or SG. They do not reccommend synthetic oil for the first 100-200 hours to allow the engine to "break-in". It would be impossible to determine if this reported oil consumption is due to the oil, dirt ingestion or another mechanical issue.

I suggested that the customer try using a petrolium based 30 weight oil to see if this reduced or eliminated the oil consumption. We have a service dealer in the area that will be able to assist this customer should additional diagnosis be required.

10. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Thank you Jim.
    Good thing your here, you provide some great information.

Pj