Hustler dealer problems...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nobagger, Jan 30, 2006.

1. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

I started a thread awhile back about our local dealer not carrying Hustler anymore and I found out why the other day. He had said to me that there were 3 or 4 Hustler super Z's that had the same problems, the engine had quite for some reason and they were unable to stop the machine. One went into a busy street causing 4k in damage to a car, 2 went into ponds and 1 went into a bay off of our lake. I guess you have to engage the E Brake by moving the controls outward or something like that. But he said there was absolutely NO factory response on these matters. And there were a few other issues about the factory rep not showing up since 2004 and many stress cracks in certain spots that were occuring to several mowers. Thats too bad I was really interested in purchasing a Super or Mini Z this year. He sold (8) eight to a lawn care company last year and now he has lost that guy's business and he will never have Hustler again.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

In your previous thread I asked you to provide me with the dealer information.
    There is always some information in either side of a story that someone leaves out.
    There is something fishy sounding with this whole thing, I believe what you are saying, I just dont believe all the truth is being told to you.
    Regardless, get me some info....
    E-mail me or post the dealer information here, and I will get to the bottom if this.
    We are very pro-active and re-active to any problems, be it with a machine or a dealer.

Pj

3. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Last year hustler sent out a rep from an hour and a half away with 3 mowers for me to try out. Company support is number 1 over anyone else I've ever dealt with I think. The rep and I discussed the local dealer here, very bad dealer. I went in to look at hustlers 2 or 3 times, each time he would quote me a very high price and then try to sell me a gravely which I don't want...

Only thing holding me back from getting a hustler this spring is I don't want to drive 35mins one way to a dealer and I don't want to deal with the closer dealer since he's been the way he has. If only we had a good dealer closer :(

Nobagger, fill PJ in on the dealer and I'm sure he'll get to the bottom of it fast.

4. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

i stopped in last season when looking for a new z, they didnt have one commercial model in the store, when i asked about it , and if they could get me a mimi z , time and cost, the guy looked at me like i was scum and said " and how do you expect to pay for that"

i went 3 miles down the road and bought the toro z master.....?????

5. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

Pj, I didn't have a spare second to try and find that previous thread. And I figured if I just wrote another thread you would respond, so thank you. And I don't mean for this to become a Hustler bashing thread, believe me. I will PM you with the dealer info.

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Sounds good, I will look for it.

Pj

7. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

I was interested in the Hustler WB (big ZTR's wouldn't be a great fit for my business, lots of hills and small lawns) I found a dealer that claimed to sell Hustler, but he couldn't get any pricing info on the WB or a mini Z. There seems to be a vacuum with Hustler dealers in Utah.

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Go to our dealer locater here > www.hustlerturf.com
    Put in your zip code and if he is listed as a dealer there, then you should have no problems, if he isn't listed there then he is not a dealer.
    Problem is, some dealers think they can get our products through there respective distributors, when in reality unless they are set up as a Hustler dealer, they can not.
    Many distributors carry products that allow them to sell them on a non-official dealer situation, this is not the case with Hustler, they must be approved through our HQ in Kansas before becoming a dealer.

Pj

9. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

sounds like your dealer is blowing some serious smoke up your azz... we run four hustlers two z's and two super z's... and another one on its way... best built machine out there!

10. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

IMO, all commercial Z's should have an emergency brake, kindo like the "OH $H!T handle on a car, ya know? Maybe have it be a button you push that engages the brake no matter what??? Just thinking out loud.