Hustler Deck Dispute

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by puppypaws, May 1, 2007.

1. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

PJ, there are some confused people including myself. There are people saying Hustler is making a different deck that is sold in the north versus the south. Can you please explain this so everyone will understand if there is differences in the 2007 XR-7 deck for different regions and exactly what changes were made on the 2007 deck from the 2006 model.
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

We are making a "A" version and a "B" version.
    The A is pretty much the original XR-7 deck, neither of the decks have the triangle cut outs in the rear anymore, it is a regular rear baffle now.
    The "A" version is the south deck, no one in the southern grasses had issues with the XR-7, it is a monster in those grasses.
    The "B" version has baffles in the front of the deck for the northern type grasses that we had some issues with last season.
    Our distribution channel handles what version goes to what dealers in different parts of the country.
    The basic shell of the XR-7 is identical on both, the "B" version just had the baffles bolted in from the factory, so you can make a "A" version out of a "B" version by removing the baffles.
    Here is a parts diagram of the "B" version
    I will see if I can get a picture.

3. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Thank you very much, this may give some understanding to this different deck situation.