1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hustler Demo

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by skipwatson, Aug 25, 2001.

1. skipwatson

skipwatson LawnSite Member

I publicly would like to thank Pj (mowerconsultant) & Bill McClaren from McClaren's in Syracuse for bringing their machines up here to Rochester for a demo. Pj & Bill spent four hours with us. They brought up two Hustler z's, one with the Bac-Vac attachment, and a Super Z.
    The machines were terrific!!! My experience with ZTRs is very limited, but there were several other LCOs I invited to the demonstration, two of whom currently use Dixie Choppers. Everyone was completely blown away by the speed, the cut, the amazingly heavy duty construction of the frame and deck, and the simplicity of the design. One fellow just recently bought a Lazer Z, but after he rode the Hustler, swore he was going to put the Lazer up for sale. I mentioned to Pj in an email that I think he's won over the two Dixie guys as well. They love their Choppers but were completely impressed by the Super's speed and construction.
    I gotta tell ya, the Super is FAST!! And what an excellent cut! The Bac-Vac worked perfectly. Such a simple design. No getting off the machine. Just reach behind, pull the lever to dump the load, and go.
    Once again, I'd really like to thank Pj & Bill. You guys have a product that I think is gonna be THE mower to use in the coming months and years.

2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

So you ordered or purchased ... ???
  3. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

I am glad to hear you had a great demo. Now more will understand where I am coming from, not only with the construction, but the Hustler people who do most anything to help us out. Even bring machines for a demo, that's awesome. Go save your money Skip, maybe we can both get the Super Z next year.
  4. skipwatson

skipwatson LawnSite Member

We'll see, guys, we'll see :D I'll let ya know next week.
  5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Skip's gonna have his mower next week:blob3:

Hey Skip,
    It was great working with you today !!
    I really enjoy getting out and working with the guys that use the product.
    I would also like to thank Skip and his brother for helping me out with the flat tire on my trailer....:mad:

6. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Your so lucky!
  7. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

What is he getting PJ? All this suspense is getting to me. :D
  8. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Lets just say it was a "SUPER" day;)
  9. DanG

DanG LawnSite Member

I have nothing but good things to say about the hustlers that i have. ( I have two 251k's)

I wouldn't mind looking at a super-z and seeing how it compares to the Toro heads up mowing. I know that they are built strong as heck and have been around forever.

The main reason I bought Toro z-masters is because they are better on hills then the 251's.

And also Hustler does not have a dealer close by to here which is sad being that Albany is the capital of NY after all.

When ever I need parts I have to order them from Roberts Equipment in Syracuse or from a dealer down state near Accord.

10. JLC

JLC LawnSite Senior Member
    from IA

DanG, I demo'd the Super Z on some steep hills. It would sidehill them awesome. I can put my Scag Turf Tiger on them, but there is no adhesion of the upper drive tire, it just slides. The Super Z still had enough downpressure to manuever the machine. Lets just say it has no trouble with hills.