Hustler Diesel availability in Australia?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Mickhippy, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Pj, any idea when the Diesel will be available in Australia?

This is a big ask I know but can you give me any idea on the recommended retail price?

JD and Toro diesels among others have Z's that are very well priced compared to a petrol version IMO.
    eg, Toro $24k, JD isnt out yet but I have been told it should be around the $22k.

How does the Hustler D compare in price over there with other diesels?

Am I right in thinking that its hydro driven deck?

Sorry mate, 50 hundred questions!

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I know diesels are just now coming off the production line.
    As to when you will be able to see one in your area, that is a question I can not answer.
    You will have to inquire to your dealer and ask him to contact his importer, they will have an idea of a time frame.
    Pricewise I am not sure what they will be over there, our MSRP's here in US dollars are 15999 for a 60 and 16299 for a 72.
    Yes, the deck is driven by a hydraulic pump and motor.

Pj

3. Mickhippy

Thanks mate! I Rang Chris Adams from Hewlett Equipment and asked him about it all! The diesel looks like it will be around Au$29k so out of my league!

Looks like the SuperZ's the way to go. Havent had a demo yet so thats the next step!

Thanks again!

4. mattpiper

mattpiper LawnSite Member

Are you sure he said 29000? He emailed me and said 20900????
    This is what he said

"Hustler new Diesel Super Z, 34 hp CAT engine will arrive approx May and will be faster and cheaper but still just as rugged est …$19,000 + GST = $20,900!

5. Mickhippy

Mat, It was definatley $29000!
    Even Toro diesels $24k.

If you can get one for $20900, get it now. There already in Aust. A mate of mine had a go of one and loved it but like me, $29000 is too much.

6. mattpiper

mattpiper LawnSite Member

I can't even afford 20900!

It really annoys me that we don't get the same 0% finance the Americans get. As if it's not bad enough that we pay far more than they do, we have to pay interest on top of that.

Life's a you know what.

7. Mickhippy

And then you die! :rolleyes:

I know what you mean mate. We get half the money they do for mowing and pay more than double for our equipment!

I think the diesels a bit of an over kill in most circumstances anyway. If your doing council work or mega acres for developers then it would be worth the investment but I think, say a SuperZ28efi would be sufficient doing general domestic/commercial properties.

Love a diesel though. Just because! hehe :cool2:

8. Tonyr

Tonyr LawnSite Bronze Member

G'Day Blokes!

I am just doing a bit of research on what I'd buy if I traded in the toro, I just emailed Chris before coming on here, if they are $29000, they won't sell many. bit like kubota zd28, they were around $28000 a year ago, you don't see many around.

They are cabless mowers that get bashed around, not like some big council thing with aircon cab n all lol.

29K....i'd be too scared to take it off the trailer in case I scratched it!

BUT in saying that, it is a matter of buying the best machine for ya needs, so there is a place for them, just not with many general contractors imo.

I'd still love one though don't get me wrong!

Q. is the only deck changes blades and wider discharge opening?

9. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Yes, those are the only changes to the deck.
    But remember, the Diesel Super Z has a hydraulic driven deck also.

Pj

10. Mickhippy

Haaaa! Told ya Tony! hehe :p