hustler does it again

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by P&J Lawncare, May 2, 2003.

1. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I finally got my new mowers this week (hustler super z 60 with 27 kohler and hustler super walkbehind 54 with 25 kawasaki) and I am super pleased with the way that both of these mowers performed. The super z with the 27 kohler is even better than I expected it cuts the thick stuff better then the 25 kawasaki super z and it holds it's power longer. The super walkbehind is a monster and I couldn't find grass tall enough to bog this mower down, this is by far the strongest walk behind mower on the market. I am glad that hustler listened to us (lawnsite members) when they made these changes to their mowers. The best thing about these mowers were the price, my plow dealer just became a hustler dealer and he gave me my discount that he gives me when I buy a plow so if anybody is looking for a great price on a hustler e-mail me and I will get you in touch with him.

new mowers.jpg
  2. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

man, i wish i owned your garage!!!!!!!!!
  3. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

I just wised I had whatÂ’s in it!!! Paid for of course.

4. TaussigLawnCare

TaussigLawnCare LawnSite Member

what kind of pricing can you get on those pm me or something I have tested a few of those bad boys out and loved them. I want about the same things that you got too.
  5. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Nice looking equip. Can you tell us why you chose the "Jungle wheels" sulky for your walkbehind? I have one on a belt drive but I think it would bind when making really really sharp turns that are possible with a hydro. A "velky X2" you can step off and let it spin around or a castor type lets you stay on all the time even backing. Just curious about your choice.
  6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

How Do You Like the Controls On The walk?
  7. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Come on John...... Don't you know yet???? How long do I need to keep hitting you over the head? They are the best by far:p I've already got my "Super WB".... get yours;)

sulky3  smaller.jpg
  8. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

It seems like it would bind but it doesn't really. Thats one reason why they put the pivot point closer to the platform, so it keeps the sulky as far back from the mower as possible on turns. As long as your reverse wheel isn't spinning faster than the forward wheel it seems to do fine. Yes the Velke X2 is nice in the respect that you cannot jacknife it but when I used it behind a 48" Hustler walk behind it was kind of annoying because since i wasn't used to the controls I couldn't back it up with the sulky so then it wanted to swing around and knock my leg off! If I had simply stepped off it would have been fine LOL. On mine it won't let the platform swing under the tongue like that, and if you jacknife it the sulky tire hits the mower frame so you won't get your leg knocked off but you would have to pull forward and try again. I have no trouble backing it up though.

9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

How Touchy Is It In the 0 To 8MPH Mode? Its Hard to tell when Your walking Behind It With Out a sulky.
  10. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I used the jungle wheels because I had it all ready but it does kink up in reverse so I am ordering a bull rider sulky for this mower, as far as speed from 0-8 it gets to 8 mph fast so I will be using the sulky for sure everytime. The controls are effortless and it took me about ten minutes to master them. If you like my garage before you are going to love it now (full pictures of it).