Hustler Elecric Mower Field test

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by a clear difference lawn, Jan 11, 2013.

1. a clear difference lawn

a clear difference lawn LawnSite Senior Member

According to Hustler it is not that expensive. http://www.hustlerturf.com/zeon.html Just think of all the things that would go away with this mower. Gas, gas filter, air filter, oil, oil filter, hydro fluid, hydro filter, spark plugs, belts, carb problems, starter problems, pto problems, noise, emmissions, engine heat, fire hazard. It seems like I could go on and on. If you could replace the batteries individually (which I think you can) it would seem cheap compared to all the stuff that goes with a gas mower. I have had a commercial gas engine that started leaking oil everywhere at 350 hrs.

2. NMS0219

NMS0219 LawnSite Senior Member

Website says 30 charges per year and 40 hours of mow time. I do way more hours than that... this past season alone most of my mowers did around 500-600 hours. As mike said I do beleive this is the future I'm just not rushing out to buy one yet till they are proven.

3. LindblomRJ

LindblomRJ LawnSite Silver Member

Isn't it intended to be a homeowner unit? Not a professional unit?

4. a clear difference lawn

a clear difference lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I think it is a primarily homeowner unit. It does come with a 1 year commercial warranty.