Hustler electric clutch problem

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by fiddlebick, Mar 13, 2006.

1. fiddlebick

fiddlebick LawnSite Member
    from 42376

I have a Landpride Zero Turn (made by Hustler) that has a blade clutch problem. It works fine when its cool, engages immediately. After mowing for a while and the machine is running at a working temperature, the clutch will not engage if I have to shut it off for any reason. Sometimes I can goose the throttle a little and it will go ahead and pick-up, but if it is a very hot day, I have to wait 5 or ten minutes for whatever needs to cool for it to work again. I have no info on this clutch in my manual....any help is appreciated. John

2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Its an Olga and needs adjusting. These clutches are a pain in the butt. I switched over to a Borg-Warner. Clutches don't last long for me. One year max if I'm lucky.

3. fiddlebick

fiddlebick LawnSite Member
    from 42376

THanks I assume you mean an air gap adjustment? Do you know the proper setting? Also, how much does it run to change over to the Warner clutch?

4. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Most clutches adjusted at 0.12" air gap work just fine, Don't know about pricing.

5. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I forget the cost to change over, did it 2 years ago. Check with your dealer.