hustler engine help

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by bilelt9411, Feb 10, 2005.

1. bilelt9411

bilelt9411 LawnSite Member

I am looking at a super z I would like to try the 28 horse fuel injected, but the area rep for hustler in my area is trying to talk me out of it. He said not every dealer has the right tools to work on the 28 efi. It has to be hooked up to a computer if motor has problems. also said you have to be very careful with the onboard computer (not to get water in it.) should I chance it and get fuel injected. what are some pros and cons you guys have with fuel injected. have you had the problems he is warning me about. thanks

2. Jozgators

Jozgators LawnSite Member

I just bought Super Z with EFI engine. I love it so far, yes it has to be hooked to a computer. But I think Toro has been using this motor EFI for a few years now, I have been told the computer casing has modified to make it more water resistant.

3. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

The pro's of the EFI is that it has no throttle lag so it will seem to have a little more power than the 27 Kohler and the fuel economy is better.
    The con's are they can be a little more expensive and temperamental to work on and you don't want to pressure wash them the way you would the 27 because the electronics can't handle the moisture.