Hustler engine question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Cooter, Aug 24, 2006.

1. Cooter

Cooter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

Ive been looking at a hustler z with the 23 kaw and the 60" xr7 deck. Just wondering if this engine will have enough power. Any comments would be appreciated. Thank you.

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Hustler Z = Yes
    Super Z = Maybe not

All depends on what engine your used to.

3. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I think it would be fine on the regular Z but I wouldn't want it on the super.

4. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

No//No

That will be underpowered as hell on either machine. Get atleast 27...

5. Cooter

from NE Iowa

I think Im going to demo the Super Z with the 60" XR7 and the 25 hp kaw.

6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

That's not going to be your best combo. Same cc's as the 23 Kawi.

Go with either the 27, 30 or 28EFI if your looking to go with a SuperZ

The 26LC, 25Kawi and 24Honda really shouldn't be offered on the Super series.

7. Elkbow

Elkbow LawnSite Member

I saw your post and wanted to see what you thought of this mower? I am looking at the exact same mower, but I am in Texas. Also, would you mind if I asked the price you have been quoted?
    I have been offered a brand new Hustler Z with a 60" XR7 deck and 23 hp Kawasaki, Flex Forks, and a Personalized Bumper with my name on it for $6799 including tax. Is this a good deal?

8. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

They do throw in a full suspension seat, oil cooler, bigger pumps/motors, hydraulic cooler with fan for very little extra on a Super Z. The only advantage I see with the regular Z is maybe more power on hills.

9. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Leave that 23 alone on the 60" deck or I'll promise you will be saying I wish I had more hp. You will find on these mowers you want get to much hp, it takes it believe me.

10. Cooter

from NE Iowa

I recently demoed a Super Z with the 27 and a 60". We loved that mower, plenty of power, good on hills, and a very comfortable ride. The finish that the mower left was less than desirable however. In long grass it left alot of clumps and also left two rows of uncut grass between the blades. The Hustler is an excellent mower, if they could get it to cut like it should I would buy one in an instant.