Hustler Fast track

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sildoc, Jan 23, 2007.

1. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

I have been thinking about buying a z for the few properties that are large enough to use one. the problem is that I don't want to spend much on a mower, so buying a good full size commercial machine is way out unless I can get one for under 5g
    I have been reading all the threads on the hustler fast tracks and looking for those that have them to let me know how they have performed. I am looking at the 20 52 honda. the dealer seems to love these machines and is giving me a good deal at 4400. I have looked at gravely but the pm152 is 6800 and that is the lowest cost z I have found. I am not one to skimp on a good machine but I have only 10 accounts that this will really work.
    So let me know your experience with these.
    Thanks.

2. sildoc

The other question I have is the 20 hp honda powerfull enough? We mainly cut rye with a few fescue lawns.

3. sildoc

Bump it to the top. No one uses one of them?

4. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

if you cant afford a commercial z, get a commercial walk behind with a sulky...

just the difference in the way the cut looks is worth it, residential mowers will just make your competition look better...

it wont last a season of moderate commercial use....

5. Tom c.

Tom c. LawnSite Member

Hey you can get a Mini Z36-42 by hustler for just over 5 g's. plus they come with the Kawasaki 19 hp. Someone told me to watch out on the Honda motors they dont hold up well using them commercially. Check out the hustler forum on here they will fill you in on the info. Good Luck!!

6. sildoc

I have walk behinds. I want to ride. when it hits 110-115 from july to sept. I get tired and wore out quick standing all the time.
    On the deck it has the same deck as the commercial model. just a smaller frame and a honda engine.

7. sildoc

too small of a deck. 48 is the smallest I want. I already have several 36" walks. just looking for a rider for a few accounts to get them done in one day and not kill myself.

8. DJL50

DJL50 LawnSite Senior Member

I have what Toro calls a Estate mower. IT IS a commercial grade mower built for the Estate owner so it may fit what you need. It has a 7ga. (top and sides) 52" deck.( a lot of the bigger mowers don't have that) Cast iron spindles. 19hp Kawasaki. Has all the power I want or need. I just love that mower. I mow 2 1/2 acre. 2 to 3 times a week with it and would Handel WAY MORE than that. Purchased it last year for $5,600.
    I also like the fact if my dealer don't have the parts in stock it just takes a day or two to get them. Toro parts are not cheap but they do have an excellent parts supply system.

9. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

FERRIS 1500 take a look at them you will be happy stay away from those homeowner models

10. sildoc

closest ferris dealer is over 180 miles away. no thanks. also they are above 6grand. I am alos looking at the mini z, but wanting to keep my price below 5 grand.
    I have been a toro fan but my dealer is slowly getting rid of toros and picking up kubota. kubota is nice but they start at 9 grand and go up.
    Exmark is local but they are looking at 6800 for a hp 48 21 kawi. too much for that engine deck combo.
    gravely for the 152 they want 7200 for the 52 23 combo. too much.
    looked at walkbehinds but like I said before I want to ride and the cheapest 52 or 60 walk was a gravely at 5995. too much.
    I might just say screw it this year with a rider and get 2 employees on that route with 2 36".