1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hustler Fast Trak vs. Ferris IS1500Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jutahh1, Jul 20, 2007.

1. jutahh1

jutahh1 LawnSite Member

Any opinions on the better machine ?:canadaflag:
  2. jsandy1219

jsandy1219 LawnSite Member
    from mo

I never have owned a a rerris but i do have some encores and a hustler fast trak 54 and i love them, the hustler is a crazy tough machine that will do things that no other mower would do, I have held hills that i could never hold with any of my other mowers, even a dc. They are expensive but worth it, also you need too keep in mind how close you are too the place you bought it and see if they keep a good stock for parts not if but when you need it that can mess up a lot for you, my place gets me in and out and hardly ever need to order parts. good luck
  3. HustlerRider

HustlerRider LawnSite Member

Never owned a Ferris but my Hustler FasTrak Super Duty 48" is absolute TITS!

Most of my lawns are rural and are an acre or better, I mow them weekly and as long as the blades are sharp my hustler mows them perfectly at full speed on the straight line flats. The largest I mow is a 7 acres commercial job. The 23HP Kawi is an awesome engine & I think it's perfectly matched to this mowers size and weight. Holds a hill like a billy goat due to it's low center of gravity and the 48" deck has a great trim edge. Clippings disperse great even when using medium lift blades.

The only thing I would change about this machine is I want to put a suspension seat on it to help smooth out the bumps a little. I'm 45 and after mowing on it all day on other than smooth turf I tend to feel it a little.

Other than that, it's awesome from the word go.