Hustler Fastrack - Broken Frame-Bad-Messed up Clutch

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by ohiofastrak, Apr 18, 2013.

1. ohiofastrak

ohiofastrak LawnSite Member
    from ohio

On my Hustler Fastrak with the 20HP Honda Engine, the mower deck quit and I found the cable connected to the clutch was ripped off. Looking closer I found a small steel angle piece that broke off the frame. (Please see picture) A weld has apparently failed.
    It looks like this piece is retaining the clutch and keeps it from spinning.Without that angle piece, the upper part of the clutch can be turned by hand which is also turning the pigtail connector, which would rip it off.

I'd appreciate some advice on how to best fix this problem. Looks like it will be very hard to access the area and weld it back on. I'm wondering how far I have to disassemble the whole thing.

I'm also curious if this has happened to others. Is that a common problem? I also attached a pic of the failed weld. This looks like a pretty weak connection to me, but am not sure what caused it to break.

Thank you
    Vince

2. DQL10

DQL10 LawnSite Senior Member

No picture. Is the unit under warrantee? Maybe take it to a dealer and see if they can fix it per Hustler's cost? Maybe contact Hustler directly and express your problem? Just spit balling and I'm sure you have already tried that route. Best of luck wish I could help you further.

3. ohiofastrak

ohiofastrak LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Sorry, had to put pictures in an Album instead of simple upload. Not sure why..

Please click on my user name "ohiofastrak" and check out the Album for pictures of the mover and the broken piece.

Unfortunately no more warranty. We also moved since we bought the mower and have no local dealer relationship.

Thanks for any advice you can send my way....

Vince

4. DQL10

DQL10 LawnSite Senior Member

Maybe call original dealership and see if there is anyway they can contact Hustler. Seems like if it was a failed weld they might be willing to work with you on it. How old is the machine?

5. RSNovi

RSNovi LawnSite Member
    from MI

Don't Hustlers have a lifetime warranty on the frame if you are the original owner?
    Posted via Mobile Device