1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Hustler Fastrack Owners

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by sjz60, Nov 19, 2002.

1. sjz60

sjz60 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I bought a 20HP/52" model earlier this year, and it does a great job cutting my 1.5 acre lot.

Has anyone experimented with double blades on this mower? I have a set of gatorblades ready to be installed for the spring, but I am really curious as to how doubles would work on this mower. I tend to cut my grass high in the summer (all sun), and I have an irrigation system.

My main complaint with the mower so far has been that the clippings are a bit on the long side, and tend to lay on top of the lawn.

Also, has anyone rigged up any kind of stripe kit for the fastrack?

2. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

I have a Hustler 54" WB with doubles. Adding doubles to your mower, if it's capable, will chop the grass finer, and the added vacuum/blowing of the doubles will throw and disperse the grass much better. I'd also ask the dealer to check and/or adjust the motor (keeping in specs), to give 3,600 rpm "underload", instead of no load.
    Pete