Hustler Fastrack ZTR or Simplicity?

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by theplayer, Apr 9, 2005.

1. theplayer

theplayer LawnSite Member
    from ri

OK..need some advice. I think I have narrowed my search to the Hustler Fastrack 18hp Honda/44 inch deck...or the Simplicity Consumer Z 18HP Kohler/44 inch deck.

The Hustler MRSP is $5,300 with a $700 rebate going on...so $4,600.

The simplicity is about $4,600 with no rebate that I'm aware of.

What is the better option for residential 3 acre mowing. I would like to go with the 52 inch deck, but the 44 inch would fit in my shed..would leaving outdoors during the mowing season(May-sept) in the Northeast..RI, on the coast be very bad for the mower? I could take the deck off for the Winter and store both in the shed.

For those who know the details..what is the biggest advantage of one over the other. Is a a glaring weakness in either choice?

On a side note..I mentioned the 4 year Hustler Fastrack warranty to one dealer(a Hustler dealer) and he shrugged it off saying it was just for defective parts. Is the 4 year warranty not as good as it appears...what do the competitor's warranties entail??

2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Well first let me say they are both good mowers and the worse thing you could do is leave it sitting outside so definately go with the smaller deck that will fit in your shed. I would recommend the simplicity because it has front wheel suspension and that will give you a smoother ride. Demo both of them if you can and get the one that you think would work best for you and buy from the dealer that you are most comfortable with.