Hustler Fastrack

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BanvilleLawnCare, Sep 30, 2007.

1. BanvilleLawnCare

BanvilleLawnCare LawnSite Member

I have a small lawn business (around 10 lawns) all of them about 1/3 acre. I was originally thinking about a walkbehind but went to my local dealer today and saw a 36'' hustler fastrack ztr. It has a 16hp Kohler Courage engine, and is supposed to be used for heavy duty residential/ light commercial applications. It looked like a pretty tough machine but I was wondering if I could get any opinions on this? How long would it last mowing what i mow?

2. BanvilleLawnCare

nobody has used a hustler fastrack? Anyone got any opinions?

3. sikagrass

sikagrass LawnSite Member

I have 2 seasons on mine so far, 42" with a 17 kohler. It does seem to be a tough machine, I mulch with it.Most of my yards are 1/2 acre and flat with St. Augustine and it had done anything Ive tried to do with it even overgrown lots.Would buy another.

4. GreenT

GreenT LawnSite Fanatic

5. nmurph

nmurph LawnSite Senior Member
    from ga

what you saw was a mini fasttrak. they are great little mowers. i have a 17/42. that said, if i were going to cut a "few" yards, i would opt for the fasttrak. it has a commercial, self-contained pump/motor and you can get either a kaw or honda. if you need the 36" deck, look at the mini-z. it has the same drive units as the fasttrak and can be had in the 36" configuration.

6. BanvilleLawnCare

The mini-z is a little out of my budget and I can't get the 42'' Fastrack because it must fit through all of my gated lawns (almost all of them). It seems like everyone has nothing bad to say about the mower although it looks like most have the larger deck. Is yours the same mower besides the deck?

7. nmurph

nmurph LawnSite Senior Member
    from ga

essentially the same. i think the frame may be slightly different, due to the deck size. they are great mowers. i don't know of a better mower for the money for a homeowner that has an acre or less. the engines and hydros are not commercial. if you view them as disposable, i suppose it would be a viable alternative. i think the hydros are about $450 per side. engines are about $650 or so. otherwise it is a bullet-proof machine. on my centipede it gives a great cut. i will also tell you that bc of its' small size and weight, it is extremely manuverable and easy on the turf. do search for them, i think to a person, everyone who has one absolutely loves it.

8. nitro121

nitro121 LawnSite Senior Member

I used it for about two seasons....50 yards. I bought a 42" mini Z this year and the fastrak is my home mower and backup. It is well worth the money and will cut what you have for years....and it's even dependable enough to let you grow your business while only spending 3 grand on a mower.

Peace,
    Gary

9. DSIM

DSIM LawnSite Senior Member

I have been using a mini fastrak 15hp/36" now for 3 years. I have 370 hours on the mower and its still running great. I would definitely buy another!

10. BanvilleLawnCare

How many lawns are you guys doing? I went to the hustler forum and asked whether or not the Fastrack would fit my needs (8 lawns, between 2-3 acres total), and the hustler guy said mini-z. I was a little disappointed because I don't know if I could justify the extra cost. Does anyone know how much more for the mini, or should I stick with my original decision to get the Fastrack?