Hustler Fastrak 18HP 44" deck-$4450

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dpullen4, May 5, 2005.

1. dpullen4

dpullen4 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Sound like a good deal?

2. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

New ?

Used?

3. dpullen4

dpullen4 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

NEW...List $5299

4. bobkirs

bobkirs LawnSite Member

That's about list price. There is a $700 factory rebate on these machines. I got a quote for a 52/20 at $4,595, which is the lowest I've seen. The dealer was in Toledo, OH.

Bob

5. dpullen4

dpullen4 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

List is $5299, so that's $1151 off list. I don't have a need to go with anything bigger than a 44" deck.

6. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

As a Hustler dealer..... Jump on it... fair price. We sell them for $4599.00 all day and twice on Saturday!

7. extoro

extoro LawnSite Member

Not real fimialiar with this product. But don't the Fastraks use IZT tranmissions instead of pump & wheel motors?

8. dpullen4

dpullen4 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

The salesman I talked to this afternoon was an idiot. He acted as though the Fastrak was the exact same thing except for a wider base as the Mini Fastrak. I did see from the site that the pumps are different.

He quoted the Mini Fastrak w/ 16 HP Honda and 42" deck at $3599. My current yard is just 1/2 acre, but I'm hoping to pick up a couple properties that will being me up to no more than 5 hours/week in terms of use. Do you think that the Fastrak will serve me $851 better than the Mini?

Thanks for any input you may have.