Hustler fastrak homemade striper

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by Capemay Eagle, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

Here is my homemade striper for my fastrak. If any of you Hustler guys are interested. Pretty easy to make...

homemade striper.jpg

homemade striper 2.jpg

stripes.jpg

2. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

Capemay, What is the combined weight of those chains?:weightlifter:

3. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

You've got to be kidding me.... You can't stripe grass in NJ without CHAINS hanging off the back of your mower??

4. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

Like he's the first one on this site to do this.....

5. Capemay Eagle

What does N.J. have to do with it??I do not have the best lawn. I was not getting good stripes with the mower alone, so I added the chains to help.

6. Capemay Eagle

I not sure, I did not weigh them. I would guess 10-15lbs maybe???

7. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

If that's a pic of your lawn, you do not have bad grass. Besides, those stripes don't look very good.

I'm sure I sound overly critical, but I just do not understand all these homemade "striping kits" people put on their mowers. Grass tends to stripe with the mower alone if you have somewhat of a clue what you're doing. I would never dream of spending my time attaching chains to the back of a ztr for stripes- overkill in my opinion.

8. Capemay Eagle

See, is not great to be an American. I can put chains on my ZTR, and you don't have to put them on yours!!!.

I am still getting used to my ZTR, I have only had it roughly two weeks. I have been using a lawn tractor for the past two years and before that a W/B. So I am really still new at this. It's just a hobby, something I enjoy doing to get out of the house. I saw others on here with nice lawns and I thought the stripes looked cool, so I thought I would try it myself. So sorry If this offends you..

9. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I like the idea of a chain striper. I was gonna build one for my Dixon, but came to the realization that it is stupid to waste money on little things like that when the customer doesn't even notice stripes for the most part. So if I want stripes on my own lawn, I use my Troy Bilt Wide Cut. I still might make a striper, may go about it using a mudflap instead of chains though (cheaper)

10. ACA L&L

ACA L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

I think its great if thats what yur goin fur. When u got 250 accounts that have to be mowed/pruned/cleanedfert/ etc on a weekly basis the stripes on the lawn are really not that important, in our case that is. Keep on stripping big fella very creative, By the way how do u like your hustler, we run walkers and love em, were starting to see alot of hustler mini zs oppin up around here.