Hustler Fastrak Oil Filter ?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by wkasak, May 15, 2003.

1. wkasak

wkasak LawnSite Member

Hello,

I have a Hustler Fastrak 20/52 that I recently bought. Do I have to buy the oil filters from the dealer? My local dealer is not local, and they are not Hustler savy. Is there a cross reference for a FRAM filter, or other well know brand, so I can buy local...

Thanks in advance.

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

It is a Honda filter, look and see if there are any #'s on the filter and take them to a auto store, they should have no problem crossing it over for you.
    Any Honda engine dealer should also have that filter in stock.

Hope this helps
    Pj

3. sjz60

sjz60 LawnSite Member
    from NJ

I have a 20/52 Fastrack.

Honda oil filter part # is : 15400-POH-305

I am using Fleetguard filter LF3462..cheaper and more available.

4. wkasak

wkasak LawnSite Member

Thank you very much...that will make things much easier!!!

5. Super J

Super J LawnSite Member
    from Midwest

Among other Hondas, the 15400-P0H-305 is the replacement filter for the 1988-newer Honda Civic, and 1986-newer Accord. If you look up the filter for these models, that's your filter. For Fram, it's the PH3593A

6. wkasak

wkasak LawnSite Member

so...let me get this straight...my lawnmower uses the same oil filter as a Honda Civic/Accord...LMAO...go Chevy!!!

7. blairbuc

blairbuc LawnSite Member
    from CT

I own a Hustler Short-Cut and the dealer is 90 minutes away. For the Hydro Drive System Hustler wants me to change the filter and add a rust inhibiter to the system when I change the oil. Is there an alternative filter and anti-rust inhibitor I can buy on a local level.

8. RichR

RichR LawnSite Member

wkasak, im not sure i understand why you think its bad to have the same filter on your fastrak as used on a larger honda auto?

I am glad they used a large, and easily obtainable filter on this machine. Did you want them to use some inferior and small oil filter?

By the way, Honda products are made 1000 times better than any chevy product! I laugh at my fater and brother whom own a 99 suburban and 98 tahoe.....they break down and fall apart with every 10k miles put on them......

Sorry to diss chevy....but really.....how can you compare any american made vehicle with a japanese one?

So be happy that the engine on your Fastrak is of high quality and uses only the best possibly designed parts!

9. wkasak

wkasak LawnSite Member

I just think it's funny they use the same oil filters on Honda automobiles that is on my 20hp Honda Hustler motor...love the Hustler/Honda motor.

I don't want to start any brand wars here...I'm just a Chevy truck and car guy at heart...Current fleet includes a '89 Full size Blazer and '98 Corvette.

BTW....my Honda CBR900RR engine runs just fine also...and I grew up a Honda offroad kid...XR's, CR's, 3/4 wheelers...

Back on subject...I picked up the cross referenced FRAM oil filters at Wally Mart...Thanks for the help...

10. RichR

RichR LawnSite Member

wakasak. i guess i may have missunderstood your comment on the honda car oil filter deal...

No worries, I admit, its nice to have a big V-8 to haul things like boats and other heavy stuff, just comes at a cost sometimes.

Now on subject, I was wondering if a fram oil filter is as good as
    a high grade filter. Not sure what the insides of the stock honda oil filter are. I have taken apart a few oil filters after use. I did see a big difference in some. I didnt think the fram filiment was
    as good as some others.

Anyone have any comparisons as to just how good various filters
    for the Honda 20hp engine are? I got a decent deal on a few honda OEM replacement filters for now, just wondering about the future.

Thanks for any help.

Mow on, and may your lawn look as good as mine!