Hustler Fastrak

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by dekalb lawn man, Dec 23, 2006.

1. dekalb lawn man

dekalb lawn man LawnSite Member

I have an acount that is 3 acres but the majority of my properties (25 of them) are 1/4 acre lots. My ? is this, Will a hustler fastrak with a 20 hp honda and a 52" deck work well or should i step up to a mini z with the same type of specs.

2. Tom c.

Tom c. LawnSite Member

Your in the same situation Im in I got 18 residentials and am looking to get a nice size commercial in the spring. I think the fasttrak and the miniz are close in price but Im leaning towards the mini z mainly due to the commercial warranty and the kawi. Go on hustlers forum and ask questions there theyre pretty helpful Hope this helps,:waving: Tom
  3. mad_wrestler

mad_wrestler LawnSite Senior Member

The biggest differance are the hydros. The mini Z has commercial grade hydros. The Fastraks are not intended for commercial use. Therefore the hydros are not as bulked up! I would get the Mini Z. Save yourself the hassle later
  4. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

it pays to do a search here on a particular mower, .. the fastrak wont last a season if you are doing this seriously.... last week someone here wanted to know what there not yet one year old fastrak was worth, with new hydros because the originals didnt last a season...

do this right or dont bother.... get a commercial grade machine, the difference in cut quality alone will be worth it...:)
  5. Grass Kickin

Grass Kickin LawnSite Member

I would get a 52" Super Z and never look back. As you expand, you will appreciate the bigger mower more.
  6. dekalb lawn man

dekalb lawn man LawnSite Member

thanks for the imput guys
  7. lawnrangeralaska

lawnrangeralaska LawnSite Senior Member

i had a 44" fastrak and its a good machine although i wish i had a bigger commercial hustler the whole time i owned it.
  8. QCS

QCS LawnSite Member

I have a 20hp Honda and a 52" cut and I have been using it to cut 20 residentials and 5 commercial for the past 3 years. I will be moving up to a z in the spring. The Fastrak never let me down.....