Hustler FLEX-FORK owners, let's hear your opinions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FIRESCOOBY, Jul 11, 2006.

1. FIRESCOOBY

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

I got a 52" Hustler Mini-Z and contemplating buying the flex forks (around $200). I ran a 60" Super-Z with the FF's today, but not enough to tell much difference.

I want to hear positive AND negative experiences. I felt like the ride was improved, but also felt a little bouncy. Might have been just not used to that mower.

Thanks in advance.

2. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I'm pretty happy with my 60" with the casters aired down to about 9psi.

The Flex-Forks will be smoother, but I'm still concerned with lean on slopes and stopping quick and leaving 3 crop circles.

3. AintNoFun

AintNoFun LawnSite Bronze Member

i put them on two of our hustlers.. i rode one for a day didn't notice much other then it seems like it floated over the lawns a little better. also for some reason the bolts on top of the whole assembly wont stay tight and my guys have to keep them tight daily....

4. timmac

timmac LawnSite Senior Member

I have to tighten mine all the time also. I just ordered the flex forks. I hope I like them.

5. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Never thought about the quick stop. That is enough to convince me not to buy them. Just another option I don't need to make money.

6. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Some of these comments do not reflect the ones on the Hustler forum. The reviews are mostly positive. Maybe a little learning curve when making quick moves or turns.