Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GroundEffects125, Feb 25, 2008.

1. GroundEffects125

GroundEffects125 LawnSite Senior Member

I was reading some information on the 60in husters with the flex forks an i was wondering what they are an is it worth it to have them? Thanks
  2. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

Torsion rubber takes the roughness out of the ride by letting the front wheels move up and down. I put the first set on my dealer had delivered and I personally would not be without them, that is how much difference they make in the ride. I also have the flex seat which takes the back slap out when you hit rough spots.

3. GroundEffects125

GroundEffects125 LawnSite Senior Member

i see thanks is the flex seat the same as the air ride seat?
  4. bblawncare

bblawncare LawnSite Member

I've been using the flex forks since April 2006-never realized how much of a difference they made until 3 weeks ago when my shop gave me a loaner Hustler without flex forks. What an uncomfortable and bumpy awakening that was! Flex forks make a huge difference and are well worth it. I was so glad to get my mower back!!
  5. Hunter73

Hunter73 LawnSite Member

Do you know how much the flex seat is?
  6. excel25

excel25 LawnSite Senior Member

once you use the flex forks you will not want to go without them. before I sold my biz. one of my employees went from my 60" super Z to my 66" w/ flex forks and first words out of his mouth was " boy this thing is a Lexus.
  7. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

The flex forks are worth it. Big difference. I think Hustler's ride good without them. But then I tried one with them....WOW!
  8. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Is their any truth to what I've heard about them wearing out pretty fast? I heard that they get worn quick and sloppy, and then the front end starts getting lower and effects the cut. Or was this a problem that they fixed?
  9. cybervision

cybervision LawnSite Senior Member

We can not nail this one down. As far as I can tell Hustler has not officially addressed this. It seams that some of the Flex Forks last a long time and others have gone fast. It also appears that the latest forks are lasting longer.

Also, it has been stated by some that even if they don't last they are worth the money.

Check out this thread.
  10. puppypaws

puppypaws LawnSite Fanatic

$299.99, it is a little high but worth it to my back.

No it is not the same, the flex base mounts under the suspension seat on your mower to give it a rocking chair motion.

Pictures Mower and Grass 004.jpg