1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hustler H-Bar Recommendations

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PCM-LC, Sep 17, 2004.

1. PCM-LC

PCM-LC LawnSite Member

I recently purchased a new Hustler H-Bar 37" with a 15 Kaw to replace the Toro Hydro that was stolen.

I would like to hear from other H-Bar users on recommendations on a Sulky, Grass catcher and ODCO

The H-bar has awesome performance but an old guy like me with a hip replacement can't keep up with the mower!!

2. cgotro

cgotro LawnSite Member

Trimmertrap has Just come out with one designed for the Hustler hydros. Just got the add in check it out. The # is DM-1-SH its made by Bull Rider. Us old guys got to stick together. Good Luck. Its an awesome mower.
  3. PaulJ

PaulJ LawnSite Bronze Member

Glad to hear how you like yor hustler. I have the 48" super walk and it's great. I have the bullrider on it and almost never walk exept on rainy days. The lesco sulky would be good also but doesn't hae the dual mode of the bull rider and might be a bit wider.
    I have the accelerator bag and it works perftect. On and off in seconds. I hate cloth bags.
    Noone makes an OCDC for the hustler walks. I am making my own out of the factory chute. Flatten it, bend it down and cut to fit. I haven't worked out and linkage yet.
    Enjoy your hustler.
  4. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

We have been using the same machine for 4 years now. It runs great and once you get the hang of the H bar , you will never want to run anything else. We have the factory cloth bag on ours. We prefer the cloth bags over the metal ones, and the hustler one works very well with its airflow design. And it has a much larger capacity than other cloth type bags on other brands.Most any 2 wheel sulky will work just fine,
  5. J.Gordon

J.Gordon LawnSite Senior Member

I have a SWB with a BullRider and I like it a lot! But it does take up a lot of room. The pro’s of the BullRider definitely out way the cons. When I get a chance I will make an offshoot of the Proslide than will be able to travel in reverse. and still automatically fold out of the way. Good luck!
  6. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

I use jungle jims......
  7. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

go to your exmark dealer and ask them for a pro 1 zero turn sulke they cost around 450.00 but it is the best i have used on the hustler super walk behind
    that i used all this year it was one of my demos and i had to sell it last week :cry:
    i have been selling exmark for 12 years but that hustler spoiled me