1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hustler/Humboldt Whirlwind Bagger for Fastrak

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by VTG, Jul 6, 2007.

1. VTG

VTG LawnSite Member

I have an ongoing fungus issue with my lawn (grey leaf spot). My 52" Fastrak does an awesome job, but I simply have too much organic matter in my turf for this super-high humidity climate (if it don't bite, it stings...if it don't rust, it rots). Must collect clippings. Could also be a blessing for fall season leaf collecting.

I was looking at some product literature at my dealer for a 3-bag "Whirlwind" rear catcher.

My dealer was up-front with me, telling me that he has never installed a bagger before and therefore couldn't give me a thumbs-up or down on the concept.

Need some current feedback on this configuration. Anybody with some more immediate knowledge?

Is it readily detachable/attachable? (since I also use the mower to pull a little spreader and a 15 gal. trailer sprayer).

Vinny the Guinea
  2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

I would simply go with the Hustler rear catcher and not a aftermarket company unit.
    The Hustler uses a traditional blower system and not a "whirlwind" blower.
    Here is the information on the Hustler catcher.
    Kit, BAC-VAC 44" & 52" FasTrak TWO BAG Part # 927665 MSRP $649.00
    Requires 104455 Weight Kit
    Kit, Front Weight FasTrak 44/52 Part # 104455 MSRP $75.00