Hustler Hydro Walk-Behind!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Howie's Lawn Care, Jul 16, 2005.

1. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Does anyone have any comments on the Hustler Walk-Behinds? They seem very expensive. The 54" isn't much more expensive than a 37". With other companies, there is usually a bigger difference in price between a 36" and 52" for example. Is a 37" Hustler Hydro Walk-Behind worth $5,200.00 plus the cost of accesories? Also, do they have floating decks or hour meters? Thanks for the help guys!

2. Lawnmedics

Lawnmedics LawnSite Member

Used my friends 48 inch hustler walkbehind every so often. It cuts great and has power to spare. It is great on hills.

3. Lawnmedics

Sorry, has an hour meter and has an adjustable deck.

4. Howie's Lawn Care

Why do you say sorry? And by adjustable, do you mean fixed or floating?

5. Lawnmedics

Fixed and sorry because should have been one post. Good Luck.

6. Big Hoss

Big Hoss LawnSite Member

I own and operate a Hustler SWB . It has a hour meter , a floating deck , 25hp Kawasaki , 54" deck , options on it are the parking brake ,front weight bar , and water bottle holder ,and a Bull Rider sulky. It will power me up 35 degree inclines from a dead stop . I am 6' and 345 lbs . It cuts a wide variety of terrains and grasses with exceptional quality . I demoed the other and found the Hustler best suited to my needs . I looked at dealer reputation and service , how the decks were built , what the spindle housings were made of , Blade tip speed and quality of cut , and how easy it was for me to operate . After looking at all these issues I can only wonder what keeps the other brands in business.
    Total cost was around $7,300 and it already has 240+ hrs on it .

Big Hoss :waving:

7. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

@ $ 7300! I can get a Super Z 52/27 Koh for $ 7600 plus tax, now hear this: 15 mph transporting with mowing @ 13 mph. I would go Super Z any day over SWB which is ridiculously expensive up to Hustler Z price level. Who is more productive? You tell me... The reason nobody uses Hustler walk cause they are don't sell, they price themselves competing with their own Z, sorry but true. Any WB over 5k plus is gonna go down toilet cause it is Z territory.

8. Howie's Lawn Care

If you're in the market for a walk-behind, it sound like Hustler is superior to others. You pay extra, but you get the best dealer support and the best warranty. How can you get a Super Z 52/27 Koh for $7600 plus tax? They retail for $9,799.00! Can you explain this? Thanks.

9. Howie's Lawn Care

Actually, if you can get a 52" for that price, how much would a Hustler walk-behind cost you. $7,300.00 is a steal compared to retail price, isn't it?

10. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

This year I bought a Hustler 37" WB with the parking brake and mulch kit for $4175. Yes that is correct $4175. It was a phone order from a place in Arkansas.