Hustler info?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Envy Lawn Service, Nov 22, 2002.

1. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

I'm hoping someone can help me with some info on dealer prices not "list" prices.

What did you buy and what did you get out for?

I haven't heard much good about the larger Honda engines. Should I avoid those units if I decide to go with a Hustler?

THANKS

2. stevo22

stevo22 LawnSite Senior Member

Envy-

i went to the expo in nashville and spent quite a bit of time at the hustler booth..i told them that it was nearly impossible to get a demo for a day, of any brand..we have hustler, two exmark, two toro, snapper, dixie chopper, scag, you name it...i am interested in mostly exmark, toro, and namely the hustler super z..i posted a question on the hustler thread site and the dealer emailed me directly and said that he has two demo's, one w/ the bagger unit and one w/o..he was even trying to make me a deal before i used one...do you have a dealer close???

3. Tony12

Tony12 LawnSite Member

Envy,

Where are you located in NC, there is a Hustler Dealer in Monroe NC.

4. Darb

Darb LawnSite Member

You can also go to the Hustler link located on the banner at the top of the page. This takes you to the Hustler web page (kinda makes sence that it would take you there). Once you are there you can use the dealer locator to find a nearby dealer.

I tried the Hustlers at the Expo Field day and what an experience that was. Their T-Bar was by far the easiest walkbehind to drive I have ever tried.

5. Guido

Guido LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry, I thought we were talking about magazines.

Disregard!

:eek:

6. Darb

Darb LawnSite Member

That puts a new slant on my comments. :laugh:

7. Envy Lawn Service

That's over 100 miles from me :(

I'm going to "try" to get a demo over in Ashville, NC sometime during the off season. The terrain over that way is more like what I mow. I'm hoping they have an area suitable to test stuff out.

They are around 75 miles from me :(

If I get a demo and like it, I'll be working to get my favorite dealer to become a Hustler dealer.

8. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

E-mail me your info, I will pass it on to the rep in your state, he will get you a demo, and a dealer in your area.
    You will love it !!!!
    E-mail hustler@twcny.rr.com

Later
    Pj

9. Envy Lawn Service

Ahhh...my man! Taking care of business!!!

I will do that just as soon as I check to make sure there are some units in my price range. If I want one I guess I'll just have to stand good on my word and recruit you a dealer here.

I want to put my hands on that H-Bar on the walkbehinds and put a Z to the test too. A mini Z I'm thinking.

What Hustler units do you recommend for mountainous areas?

10. Envy Lawn Service

mowerconsultant,

I called the dealer over in Ashville NC today. The owner seems to be a top notch guy. He assures me he has a suitible area for me to demo a Hustler if I want to take the trip up there. I may do that soon just to get some seat time on one.

However, the prices don't seem in line with the competition at all. He told me they were relatively new in dealing Hustlers. So I thought that may be the explaination for the prices. But after additional talk between us, it seems he has a rather large business and carries many brands.

Tony12,

You mentioned there was a dealer in Monroe NC. Could you give me some info so that I can contact them? Do they have a hill out back I can ride around on or anything?