hustler issues

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by slowleak1, May 29, 2008.

1. slowleak1

slowleak1 LawnSite Senior Member

ok, bought a fastrack superduty 36 today, and right off the bat, and i knew it would happen, these tiny tires are leaving a path. can somone explain to me what the numbers mean in the tire size? obviously the first is the height, whats the other 2? i want to know which one is the width, so i can get some new ones. i want to disperse th weight mor and hopefully cut down on these ruts.

thanks!

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Check your tire pressure, make sure you are at about 8 psi.
    The tires size is like this..
    first # is height, 2nd # is width and 3rd is rim size.
    If you go to a taller tire then the hydro gearing wont be quite right and the deck will also need to be re leveled and the clearance of the tire and the gas tank would be tight or it would hit, if you go to a wider tire you may have clearance issues with the frame and you will also be wider than the deck.

3. cmurf70

cmurf70 LawnSite Member

Sorry to hijack but what, if any, problems could be caused by dropping the air pressure to 5 or 6 lbs. I did this on my fastrak 48 and it has really smoothed out the ride. Seems to get a little better traction as well.

4. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Tire sidewall damage can occur if to low.
    There is also the chance of the tired breaking from the bead, this would be more prone to happen when mowing a slope.
    If your on flat ground your likely going to be fine.

Pj

5. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Accu-cut Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Small machines have small tires. That is just a fact of life. Have you looked at your lawns the next day to see if tire marks are still present? I ask this because even ztrs that have big, wide tires leave marks... especially in healthy cool season turf that is cut at 3.75 inches or more. But, the grass that is laid down usually picks up after a day... and no marks at all are present.