hustler lawn mower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bilelt9411, Aug 20, 2004.

1. bilelt9411

bilelt9411 LawnSite Member

how do you hustler lawnmower owners like your mower, do they hold up well. I saw one for sale that was one year old , almost all paint was gone off of it. does paint hold up ?

2. GrassBustersLawn

GrassBustersLawn LawnSite Senior Member

PAINT?!? WHy worry about PAINT! If it cuts well and has low hours on the motor & motor is in good shape, I'd buy a mower that doesn't have paint! One of my buddy LCO's has a hustler 25hp Kawi/60" cut. It is the easiest handling mower I have used.

Mike

3. cward

cward LawnSite Member

A pretty mower is nice...an awesome yard is better.

4. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

Them Hustlers are so fast they burn the paint off themselves. They are fantastic mowers and yes some of the paint is coming off of mine, but thats only on the deck. This winter I'll paint the deck so it will be nice and pretty for next season.

5. sawman65

sawman65 LawnSite Senior Member

hustler has a problem with paint.every mower i sell has some paint coming off some where.tehy have a checklist i have to fill out
    and i wright on all of them the paint sucks. have even painted some under warranty BUT....who cares after you run one you wont. even if you do just tell your dealer to see if he can warranty
    it. hustler has a whatever it takes attitude when it comes to the end user.
    i remember back around 8 years ago toro bought exmark for this reason. back then exmark had the best paint job of any mower
    and the best painting booths on the planet

6. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

I think Hustler have a bigger problem than just paint. Burn spots on a lawn just ain't good enough and the fix is laughable!..........

Check this......

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=73391

There saying that its not "all" of them but just a few. Man I'd be unhappy if I got one that did!

7. Aleman

Aleman LawnSite Member

I wonder how it is that only a few have the burnt spots, arent all the same models built the same? Maybe its only a few people have complained....

8. Shady Brook

Shady Brook LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Indiana

I don't buy the line that it is only on a few mowers. Perhaps only a few guys pay enough attention to know that their mower is the reason why there is a dead spot in the yard. I had always heard how great they are with customer service, but I very disapointed with it in this area. I don't know why there was not a major change on the mower design to prevent this problem as it has been known for a couple years now. It is a great mower, I do love it, I just don't like the potential burn issue, and their lack of addressing the problem.

Jay

9. Jozgators

Jozgators LawnSite Member

Glad you put that out there about the burn spots on the lawn, I haven't had this problem yet on my mini Z. Then again I just got it back from the shop new hydro and motor. One good thing about hustler's are there warranty's are transferable.

10. specialtylc

specialtylc LawnSite Bronze Member

The burn spots was from certain engines in some models of the Zs that had the exhaust pointing down . The mower has to be parked and running for quite awhile to cause this.