1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hustler left me a prize on the porch Thursday!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by KirbysLawn, Jan 24, 2004.

1. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

At the first of December I order a baffle kit for my Super Z, I am going to try doing mulching this year 100%, I'm tired of grass clippings everywhere!

Anyway, Thursday when I came home there was a fairly large~long box on the porch, I figured it was the kit and left it..really didn't feel like messing with it.

Well, today I open it and find it was NOT MY BAFFLE KIT! (I know the status of it) lol It was a new prototype striping kit for for the Super Z!! Some may remember a few of us tested another kit which didn't work out...well this one looks like a winner!!

I can't wait to get it mounted and mow with it!! I'll post photos and my review when I finally have enough grass to mow. I tried to get my photos of the kit up now but my CD's not reading for some reason.
  2. Black Water

Black Water LawnSite Senior Member

My cat leves dead rats on my door-step.:cry:

I would like to see some pic's when ya get um.:)
  3. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

How you going to mulch w/ that new 36" SS? Last time I looked at one there was no Kit avail..

Personally, I'd rather have mulch kits on the smaller mowers where you have to deal with tight landscaping.
  4. KirbysLawn

Hummmm the Super Surfer, that's another story. I'll post it later when I can but it's going back and I have a 37" Hustler on order.
  5. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada

Do you know how Much Longer that 37" Hustler is than your Former SS? Then add a Sulky.
  6. KirbysLawn

Forgot to attach the photos, here is the kit:

stripe lit.jpg
  7. KirbysLawn

Here it is on the mower, I have not fully attached it yet, was in a hurry before dark and a date:

stripe kit 2.jpg
  8. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Ray, looks alright. I’m sure it will do a fine job, but why don’t they just do it right and put a roller on the deck already? The deck rollers do more than just stripe- they are one huge anti-scalp wheel. It’s still a good looking accessory, and I’m sure it does a good job. Good luck with it and the new walk behind.

Oh, that customized rear engine guard is really sweet too :cool:
  9. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Like The Original Eric.

10. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I thought you were talking about the magazine, and you got a center fold. Now that would be PRIZE