1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hustler mini 36 and 42 reports?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by brucec32, Aug 4, 2006.

1. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

I would like to hear feedback on the new Hustler mini 36 and 42 ZTRs. (not the fastrack series). How does the two blade setup cut vs 3 blades?
  2. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

Based on the dearth of replies to this thread and another on the phazer, I'm guessing the new "subcompact ZTR" class mowers, other than perhaps the Gravely34z, which has been around a while longer, are not exactly taking the market by storm. When a new big mower comes out, it seems there's a ton of reports on them.

I think I may stick with a 44" deck "full sized" mower. Both for the proven aspects of the designs and resale. I'd hate to own an "orphan" mower that failed in the marketplace 5 years from now.

As far as I know, Hustler and Gravely make them. Exmark got rid of their 44" HP.
  3. RAW-n-TN

RAW-n-TN LawnSite Member

bruce32, I just joined this site and don't know if your still looking for info but I have a Hustler Mini Fast Trax 42 ZTR and absolutely love it. Bought it in 06 cause I take care of mine and my dad's lawn (5 or so acres) and the steering wheel mowers were not cutting it (no pun intended). I have a cube/day job now but worked in the industry for 5 years or so in the 90's. Love cutting grass and landscaping and because this mower does such a good job, I now mow the church, and a friend every week with other friends salt-n-peppered in there from time to time. I smile every time I go in to Home Depot or Lowe's and see the decks on their ZTR’s and think, "God, I am sooooooo glad I bought a real mower!" I would buy another in a minute. Take care, Roy
  4. Wolfbass

Wolfbass LawnSite Member

I've been lurking for awhile, but I went ahead & registered so I could give you some feedback.
    I purchased the Mini Z 36" about a month ago.
    My overall assessment would be that it is an excellent machine.
    It is truly built as a commercial unit, just in a smaller package.
    Slight drawbacks would be:
    Don't even think about trying to mow across a slope. Anything more than a slight grade change is a problem. It can go up or down a pretty steep bank, but not across.
    In wet grass, the smaller side of the deck can clump pretty bad even when side discharging.

When the grass is dry it will handle pretty much anything I've thrown at it so far. It operates very smooth & doesn't tear up lawns as much as some bigger machines can.
    Of course, the best thing is riding it through gates that I used to have to resort to the 21" mower to cut.
    Hope the info. helps.
  5. DSIM

DSIM LawnSite Senior Member

I have 275 hrs on mine and its still going strong. I am so glad I bought this mower.This is the third season that I have used it. Next z purchase will most likely be a another Hustler.:usflag: