1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Hustler mini fastak 42 vs. Gravely zt2044xl

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by JAMUSO, Jun 10, 2007.

1. JAMUSO

JAMUSO LawnSite Member

HELP!!!

My 10year old craftsman tractor is dead.

I'm torn between these 2 machines. Pricewise they're withing $100 of each other $3600 - and that is the max i can afford.

I have about 1.5 acres of mowing with some slopes in the yard - these are by no means steep hills.

Hustler - 17hp kohler, faster tip speed, compact design, longer warentee

Graveley 20hp 2 cylinder kohler, 150 lbs heavier than hustler, sightly bigger cut, some accessories...lights, arm rest (not a big deal).

Is there anything mechanical between these machines that s/ make a difference (hydros, trasmission etc)? I'd only consider a mulch kit and bagger for accessories. I have a lawn sweeper for leaves.

Can i cut closer (trim wise) with one vs the other...i have a row of pines that I have to use a push mower to get close now - any of these do a better job?

Any input I would appreciate. This is only for home use only.

Thank you.

2. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a feeling that most people are going to suggest the MFT. I just bought on. It will be delivered tomorrow morning..

3. nmurph

nmurph LawnSite Senior Member
    from ga

yep!!!!!!! i don't know anything about gravely, i may be a great mower. i do know the mft is a little tank. it has a great warranty and great factory support. the mft also has about 5 inches of trim on the side, so getting close to trees and flowers is a breeze.

Hey caper, do you feel like a 10 year old on chrismas morning?

4. JAMUSO

JAMUSO LawnSite Member

Thank you both for your input....anyone out there know anything about gravely mowers?

5. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

Here is someone who posted a pic of thier Gravely 34z, Maybe Pm him and get a little info http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=67354.

Keep your options open. There are alot of good mowers out there. The 42" mini just fits every thing I need..