Hustler Mini Fastrack ?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by lawnstriper23, Sep 11, 2006.

1. lawnstriper23

lawnstriper23 LawnSite Senior Member

Does anybody have the OHV Honda 16 hp/36" deck or the Kohler 15 hp/ 36" deck machine. Overall impression of the machine (good and bad). What is the general price range for these machines? Any assistance is appreciated........

2. nmurph

nmurph LawnSite Senior Member
    from ga

i can't help you with the honda, i do however have the 17hp Kohler. i bought the 17 bc it has more power and was about $500 cheaper ($3100 including tax 6/06). i will say it is loud and a little lumpy at idle, but turn the revs up and it is a horse. wear ear plugs, which you should do anyway, and it's not a problem. it will produce an excellent cut and the Huslter warranty and factory support are the benchmark for the industry. go to the Hustler forum and search. i know FISHPA has the 16hp Honda.

3. fishinpa

fishinpa LawnSite Senior Member
    from SE PA

Yes I do have the 16/42. I think it's a great machine although I'm having an issue with the flex forks. I won't go into that because the dealer is going to talk to the distributor and possibly the factory about a resolution.

I don't think the machine is underpowered, but I've never driven another Z so I have nothing to compare it to. I did want to mention that if your yard will allow you use the 42" you might want o consider it. The 36" has no overhang so there is not much of a trim edge to allow getting really close to beds.

The Honda is awesome in my modest homeownersÂ’ opinion. When the grass gets really heavy and overgrown, I can't quite run wide open but then again, I like my kidneys where they are.

4. lawnstriper23

I was quoted $3779.00 for the Kohler 17hp/ 42 version. Is this a good price or should I shop around elsewhere? I really want the 42" version as the 36" might not be good for trimming (as stated in a previous post by fishinpa). I am very interested to find out where nmurph bought this machine for $3100 because that is almost $700 less than the quoted cost that I got (and that was purchased during "high season"). My wife would like the $3100 price since she will need to agree to this purchase. You know how those wives get when it comes to making purchases :)

5. stumpjumper

stumpjumper LawnSite Member

I have a 17/42 that I bought in March for $3450.00. All I've had to do to it besides oil changes and lube is retension the belt and change blades.

6. BigLag

BigLag LawnSite Member

I just bought the 16/42 honda. I love it. Mine has the mulch kit on it and I think the cut quality is awesome. My only complaint is on hills, it's very hard to cut due to it wants to keep sliding down, but this may be a issue with ztr's in general. I paid $3750, but that was a demo unit with 9 hours on it. I was told by several people to get the honda.

7. BigLag

BigLag LawnSite Member

Here is a pic of my fastrack. I've had it a little less than a month.

lls.JPG

8. lawnstriper23

So I gather that I should shop around because there has got to be a better price out there than $3779 with the Kohler engine? Maybe the sales rep made a mistake and quoted me for the Honda engine? I have a call into him, but still waiting for a call back. I am looking to purchase within the next couple of days so I need to get all my information straight. I am looking at adding the mulching kit and flex forks to my machine. I emailed my neighbor the specs on the Mini Fastrack and I know that he is jealous. Wait till he gets to see it in real life. Aww, I can't wait................

9. BigLag

BigLag LawnSite Member

well the 3779 was what my dealer quoted me for the kohler new..mine was a demo unit, if i bought it new it would have been like 4300 with the honda.

10. fishinpa

fishinpa LawnSite Senior Member
    from SE PA

I'm not 100% sure but I think the MSRP on the MFT - Honda/42" is up to about $4600.00. I got mine in March as an 05' leftover and paid about 3800.00. I didn't complain because I knew if I had any problems I didn't want the dealer to think "here comes that prick" again. The dealer I've found seems to be a really nice & honest guy. I hear people complain all the time about not being able to get their dealer on the phone, welp I have a tough time getting this guy off the phone. I mean that in a exceptional customer service kid of way! One of his guys lives "over my way" and went out of his way (voluntarily) to drop off my Flex Forks, late on a Friday evening, on his own time. Thank you Paul!

I'm not associated with this guy's business, so I'm going to give him a shameless "plug" here. If your in the Bucks/ Montgomery County, Pennsylvania area and want to talk to who I believe is a very honest and upfront dealer, call:

Michael Lombardo, Inc.
    547 West Glenside Avenue
    Glenside, PA 19038
    +1 215 887 4432