Hustler Mini Fastrak or Fastrak

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by PaloCir9, Jun 24, 2008.

1. PaloCir9

PaloCir9 LawnSite Member

I am in the market for a ZTR and I think I have narrowed it down to a Hustler. Everyone seems to have a lot of success with them. I was considering a Scag Freedom Z but I have not gotten much positive feedback.

Which one?...Mini Fastrak 42" or Fastrak 48"?

I will mow about 1-2 acres a week. My lot is on a slight slope and is wide open. I am not sure if these units will be overkill. I do not want to spend much more than $5k.

Also, when do you think is a good time to buy, the end of the summer? or fall?

Thanks for the feedback

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

When comparing to the Scag you need to use our FasTrak or FasTrak SD.
    I would go with the FasTrak 48"
    It is a wider framed larger tire unit, this will help with your slope.

Pj

3. nmurph

nmurph LawnSite Senior Member
    from ga

i will second PJ's recommendation for the FT. i own a MFT which i purchased for my yard of about .5ac. it was the perfect size for that yard. we bought a house with 2 acres, about 90 percent of which requires mowing and i wish it was a larger mower. it will do it in about an hour, but the yard is flat and mostly open. there will be an upgrade in the future, when my warden gives me the ok. Hustler has some good pricing on the FT 48" that ends on the 30th of this month......i would jump on it.....you can easily meet you $5k budget.
    there is nothing that matches Hustler for quality and customer service!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. 6203zz

6203zz LawnSite Member
    from Texas

Palo, I have had the Fastrac 48 with the Honda engine for about 2 months now and it is great. I mow 1 1/4 acre with quite a bit of slope and it handles it real well. The only complaint I have is with the panel around the controls. The plastic covering is cracking and peeling. Bill

5. blackandgold

blackandgold LawnSite Senior Member

Get the FasTrak----the best bang for your buck.