Hustler Mini Fastrak

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by wileysc71, Mar 20, 2006.

1. wileysc71

wileysc71 LawnSite Member

I have 1.5 ac. with hundreds of trees to get between. Mainly flat to sloping ground.

After reading and reading and reading on here, I'm looking at a 36"/16hp Honda Mini Fastrak. A local (Alabama) dealer quoted me $3,495. Curious how this lines up with other's pricing experience.

2. NickN

NickN LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Alabama

I have a friend in Madison who owned a Mini and loved it.He mowed a few lawns per week with it part-time.I believe he paid about the same as your quote.(From the same dealer probably)

3. wileysc71

Thanks Nick, First time considering such a mower. Didn't want to jump on what I thought seemed fair without trying to compare. I appreciate it.

4. fishinpa

fishinpa LawnSite Senior Member
    from SE PA

I just got the MFT 42" with the Honda for about 3900.00. I was going to get the 36" then someone so-kindly reminded me there's NO overhang on the deck, at all. So to me that = more trimming and I didn't want more of anything, except mower & motor.

Call as many dealers as you can find, in what would be an acceptable driving range for you, and tell them your going to show up with cash if the numbers are right. NEVER tell them what the last guy quoted you!

5. steve45

steve45 LawnSite Bronze Member

I looked at them. Dealer said do NOT get the Kohler Courage engine. Otherwise, looked like a pretty good deal. I needed a grass catcher and the Mini-Fastrack wasn't up to that.

6. wileysc71

Fish - I came across the 'no trim on a 36" issue' last night in another thread and have decided to go with the 42" for the same reason. Quote for that w/16hp Honda was $3795. So he's fair I guess.

Steve - I'm not following you on the catcher. My dealer quoted me $600 on a 2 bag catcher. Probably could get if for less if I was interested. Hustler's literature shows a catcher too.

7. fishinpa

from SE PA

8. wileysc71

huh?:jester:

I'm looking forward to playing, I mean working, in the yard on my new toy, I mean equipment.

I ended up calling 3 dealers....pretty amazed w/results.

Dealer 1 - 42"/16hp Honda - 3,795
    hour meter - 30
    mulch kit - 50
    tax - 117
    delivery - FREE
    Total - 3991.25

Dealer 2 - 42"/16hp Honda - 3,900
    hour meter - FREE
    mulch kit - 60
    tax - INCLUDED
    delievery - 25
    Total - 3985.00

Dealer 3 - 42"/16hp Honda - 3,950
    hour meter - 30
    mulch kit - 60
    delivery - FREE
    tax - INCLUDED
    Total - 4,040

I was expecting more variation.

9. fishinpa

from SE PA

Yeah, "working".... ME TOO!:dancing:

10. steve45

steve45 LawnSite Bronze Member

I believe that you're referring to a non-powered catcher, like homeowner mowers. If you want a powered catcher (you may not), you'll need a larger mower.