1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Hustler Mini Super Z vs Kubota ZG

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by montana jack, Sep 2, 2005.

1. montana jack

montana jack LawnSite Member
    from montana

I intend to purchase a ZTR and have gained much knowledge from this site. Due to the availability of dealer support in my area, I have limited my choice to the Hustler Mini Super Z & Kubota ZG. Prices for the two are close. The kubota has a ROPS standard which I don't believe is available, even as an option, on the mini Z. This is important since I have about 10 acres of meadow with up to 25* grade, however the Super Z as a lower center of gravity & may be more stable on slopes.
    The Kubota has a shaft for transmission & mower drive vs a belt, hydro discs vs electro magnet for PTO clutch, hydrolic foot mower lift, dial vs pin cutting height adjustment. The Mini z has a Kawaski engine, the kubota a Kohler. I own a Kubota M5700 tractor & am very satisfied with it's quality & have had favorable dealings with the Kubota dealer. Please advise. Thanks.
  2. Cutter LLC

Cutter LLC LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

Sounds like you have already made up your mind on this one, even though I own the super mini z. Isn't the Kubota a larger full size machine? What size deck on the zg? The mini is a great mower however I would go with a full size Super Z to handle that steep of a grate. The mini will do it but you sound nervous and it might prove more diffucult for you. If you do get the mini turn the trim side tire around to widen the stance. If I had a good relationship with the Kubota dealer it would be no question even though I prefer the super mini z