1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

hustler mini z 19/52

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tristatelandscaping&lawn, Jun 1, 2004.

1. tristatelandscaping&lawn

tristatelandscaping&lawn LawnSite Member

just tried out a new hustler mini z 19/52 loved it but i went by my dixie dealer and i can get a comparable model for 5500.00 and the mini is 5995.00. leaning toward mini because of deck its built like a tank. would like ya'lls input big investment for me using a dixon 4422 right now you know a dinosaur doesn't even have anti scalp rollers. is that a good deal on the mini or is that full price. thanx guys. :blob4:
  2. timinkc

timinkc LawnSite Member

i demoed that same mower before i bought my ferris...the only thing i would say is to DEFFINATLY look at a bigger motor, i really think you'll be glad you did...i got a 23 hp 52" and i'm glad i did
  3. KL Squared

KL Squared LawnSite Member

The price is near what I paid at a dealer early season sale ($5600.00) this year. I have a mini z 19/52 and I am very pleased. I cannot give a comparison with the dixie since I have never demoed one. Good Luck on the purchase.
  4. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, I think that in the long run you would be disgusted with the 19 hp Kawi. IMHO that's not even enough power for a 48" cut. Think about the days and sites were the going gets tough.