Hustler Mini Z and Hustler Super Mini Z

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Jefft, Sep 1, 2003.

1. Jefft

Jefft LawnSite Member

I am looking to add one mower to my current line up. I currently have a walker mower for doing high end residential where I have to bag. I am looking to add a zero turn mower that I can mulch yards and leave a great look. Can anyone tell me what the major difference is between the hustler mini z and the hustler super mini z is.. and do they do a great job with mulching yards and leaving no debris? Thanks
    Jeff

2. WLLD

WLLD LawnSite Member

I have both a Super Z and a Super Mini. I would recommend the Full size as the deck is deeper and allows better air flow. The Mini has a smaller frame, tires and a shallower deck. The Mini deck tends to pack up with grass much worse. Both machines do not leave any noticeable clippings unless the growth is really heavy (running doubles on both machines)

Shayne

3. Jefft

Jefft LawnSite Member

Shayne..Do you use the Super Z on regular sized Residential accounts?

Jeff

4. aa2tn

aa2tn LawnSite Member

Shayne, I see you live in western, NY as I do. I was wondering where you bought your Hustler machines from? Thanks, Jim.

5. WLLD

WLLD LawnSite Member

We use both machines on residential accounts. If the account is real small or tight - we may only use the Mini - but general rule is if the lawn is not real un-even where scalping may occur - We use the 60" Super. I would say that we use it on a couple under 1/4 acre.

Shayne

6. WLLD

WLLD LawnSite Member

aa2tn,
    I am in the vicinity of Rochester - my Hustlers came from Bob James Equipment in Macedon. Talk with Fran.
    Shayne