1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

hustler mini Z

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by zim bob the landscaper, Jul 18, 2006.

1. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

how much is a hustler mini Z 42 inch deck 19hp kaw? i really want to retire the tractor and just plow with it and fall/spring clean up. also if u have pics of one please post them. thanks
  2. The dealer quoted me $4350+tax for that machine.
    I'm still wondering what the difference is between that mower and the Hustler Mini with the 44" deck. I know the 44" weighs a couple of hundred pounds more and it's priced much more.
  3. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

thanks for the info. also i want to know how these machines work there positives and negatives.
  4. pugs

pugs LawnSite Gold Member

If you do some reading on them you will notice that the 36/42 uses an integrated pump/wheel motor system while the 44/52 uses individual pumps and wheel motors. That is probably where most of the extra weight and cost comes from.

Those small ones use the same combined pump/wheel motors that are in the new Bobcat Fastcat's. Dunno much about them...they are supposed to be commercial rated so we will see how they hold up I guess.
  5. nitro121

nitro121 LawnSite Senior Member

I think. Right now I use a mini fastrak. The only problem in 2 seasons (1 part time, this year full time) is that about every 2-3 months one of the plastic pulleys go bad and I have all 3 changed out for 90 bucks w/ the belt. I'm emailing w/ hustler now to see if I can change out all the pulleys for the ones that come on the commercial model (metal, thicker belt). If I can I will buy another mini fastrak next year and just change the pulleys from the start.

I don't know what the fuss is over these pumps...I have the so called cheap ones....they still work just fine. But I only do residential yards so it's not like I'm running the thing wide open all day....but it is cutting 4 hours a day....weekends sometimes.

6. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

Go all out and get the super z 60" deck 30hp....youll be able to do anything with that mower!!!
  7. PanhandleTurf

PanhandleTurf LawnSite Member

My dealer said HE couldn't even get the 42/19 @ 4350.00. What gives with my dealer?
  8. greasy_gun

greasy_gun LawnSite Senior Member

9. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Did you ever decide on a Hustler or are you still waiting?
  10. daveintoledo

daveintoledo LawnSite Silver Member

that is incorrect, that is the homeowner fast track, not the mini z, that is around 7 or 8 thousand.... here