Hustler Model?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by dealjb, May 5, 2008.

1. dealjb

dealjb LawnSite Member

Have narrowed down my ztr decision to Hustler, Scag, and Ferris. Really leaning towards Hustler because I like the feel, the build, and the dealer who is really close by. I am mowing my 1.25 acres, quite a bit of slope, very few trees, and also my dads 2.7 acres, relatively level, only 4 pecan trees. I am down to Huster Z 60/25, or Super Duty Fastrak 60/25. We want something to last and also want the best ride as possible. With the Z being a bigger unit will it give a better ride? Are the Flex forks and upgraded seat worth the $? The big Hustlers do not seem to have as much trim capacity on the left as others. Any advice and info from Hustler Guys will be greatly appreciated for such big purchase.

Thanks

:usflag:

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The larger tires on the full frame Hustler Z will tend to give a better ride, those with Flex Forks and a Flex Seat would make for a smooth running mower for sure.
    Although the SD's ride very nice also and a set of Flex Forks will really make it ride smooth also....
    If your on a tight budget I would lean towards the SD, if you have the extra cash then go for the Hustler Z.
    Hope this helps.

Pj

3. blackandgold

blackandgold LawnSite Senior Member

Flex Forks are a must. Flex Seat is even better.

The Super Z's larger frame, tires, pumps and motors are very impressive.

Demo, demo, demo. You will see and feel the difference.

4. MOHUSTLER

MOHUSTLER LawnSite Bronze Member

The feed back we get from the Z's is great. Esp when they get the flex forks. They have one of the best rides in the business. We have only gotten minimal feedback on the SD 25/60 since they are so new and we have only sold a few of them so far. But what I have heard is all good. We have put flex forks on 3 of them we have sold and the customers seem to be verry satasfied with them.

Point is bolth mowers will be a verry smooth ride and easy to operate. You will be happy with either one.

5. dealjb

dealjb LawnSite Member

Thanks for advice. Is it correct that 2008 commercial models come with ROPS on them? The ones my dealer is stocking do not. And if so, would the spring promo price on the Z still be $7499? Definitely want ROPS. Will let you guys know what I do. Will demo the dealers super Z with flex forks and Z without to make decision on forks, and seat.

Thanks Again

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

All commercial units shipped after January 1st, 2008 from the factory come with ROPS.
    If your dealer has one that was shipped before that, they can put the ROPS on it still before you take delivery.

Pj

7. dealjb

dealjb LawnSite Member

Well there is finally a hustler resting in my shop. As usual, I know I went overkill but the deal was available. Dealer had an 07 Super Z 30/66 with 55 hours on it. Z 25/60 with upgraded seat, and flex forks would have cost the same. This thing is a beast, mowed my fathers 2.7 acres that had not been cut in over a month (knee deep) in 50 minutes, had to double cut some of the weeds. Took it to my place with manicured centipede and it cut beautifully. Will definitely have to get used to sensitive hydraulics so I do not tear something up with it. Almost concerned if my father will get used to it whenever he is on it.

:weightlifter:

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Congrats on the new mower !!!
    Welcome to the Hustler family !!

9. mtmower

mtmower LawnSite Bronze Member

have a super 66/28efi and making money with it so i push her pretty hard. on negative on flex forks is if you turn, or stop fast mower will flex/squat and it shows up on the cut almost like scalping. also when side hilling on a steep angle will also do this. probably would not be as noticable on a smaller/lighter machine